Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the truck game and was wondering what shocks to get or if it worth it in what I have now. I’ve been looking at the Bilstein 5100 since it was affordable and wonder if it’s worth it for a 2018 Platinum that has a factory 3” body lift ( or lift kit ) not even sure which cause I’m really new to this.
And thank you in advance!
(Trying to start an off road build slowly to put the Titans on the map from memphis against the yotas)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
The Bilsteins would be a good shock, lift or no lift. But before you do anything, you need to assess your situation and determine whether you have suspension or body lift, and what shocks you currently have. I kind of doubt you have a body lift, but you might, I guess. More likely, you have a suspension lift done with front spacers and rear blocks. Get under the back of your truck and snap a poc of the leaf spring sitting on the axle, and in the front, snap a pic of your upper control arm and the top of your strut mount from above. Post those and we can give better advice.

Reactions: BigBloo_Platinum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bilsteins would be a good shock, lift or no lift. But before you do anything, you need to assess your situation and determine whether you have suspension or body lift, and what shocks you currently have. I kind of doubt you have a body lift, but you might, I guess. More likely, you have a suspension lift done with front spacers and rear blocks. Get under the back of your truck and snap a poc of the leaf spring sitting on the axle, and in the front, snap a pic of your upper control arm and the top of your strut mount from above. Post those and we can give better advice.

Not sure but I hope this is what you’re talking about. Sorry in advice lol

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Doesn't really look like a body lift. Hard to see what's happening under the leaf spring where a block would sit in that pic from above, but the front strut appears to have a spacer between it and the coil bucket, and you have Rough Country upper control arms which provide more coil bucket clearance than the OEM arms. I'd guess you have a suspension lift and likely something around 2-3" of lift in the front. Hard to tell in the back, as I said, but if you have a block between your leaf spring and your axle, measure that block (top to bottom) height and that's the amount of rear lift you have.

To answer your other question, yes, Bilsteins would be a good shock for your truck. You would likely either have to use the lowest spring perch and your current spacer, or get a thinner spacer and use the middle perch. Either is fine, mid perch will be a little stiffer ride than the lowest perch, but both are likely to be better than your existing shocks. A 2" lift spacer for the front (to run the 5100s on the mid perch) would run you about $50-60 on ebay.

Reactions: BigBloo_Platinum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't really look like a body lift. Hard to see what's happening under the leaf spring where a block would sit in that pic from above, but the front strut appears to have a spacer between it and the coil bucket, and you have Rough Country upper control arms which provide more coil bucket clearance than the OEM arms. I'd guess you have a suspension lift and likely something around 2-3" of lift in the front. Hard to tell in the back, as I said, but if you have a block between your leaf spring and your axle, measure that block (top to bottom) height and that's the amount of rear lift you have.

To answer your other question, yes, Bilsteins would be a good shock for your truck. You would likely either have to use the lowest spring perch and your current spacer, or get a thinner spacer and use the middle perch. Either is fine, mid perch will be a little stiffer ride than the lowest perch, but both are likely to be better than your existing shocks. A 2" lift spacer for the front (to run the 5100s on the mid perch) would run you about $50-60 on ebay.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!!!!! Really it helped out a lot You stay bless now

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just finished installing my Bilstein 5100's for my front today. I installed Bilstein 5160 rears with the reservoirs last week. I have the RC 3" lift kit and it works perfectly fine. The ride quality is a little stiffer but the are a definitely improvement over the factory Pro-4X bilsteins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts