Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone.

Always reading and hardly ever posting, but I just wanted to know your opinions. I have a 2006 KC SE with the sliding back window. I have had the truck for more than a year and a half and hardly ever use my back seat, because it is full of my crap. I cleaned out the back and was giving a very rare ride for my friends on a rainy night and my friend told me that water was dripping onto his back. Sure enough, there was a constant dripping leak in the back sliding window, passenger side, from the top. The next day, I saw how bad the water has been staining the rear passenger side seat. I have an appointment 7/18 at New City Nissan in Honolulu and they said that they would fix it, but I would like to know your thoughts on getting them to replace that seat and the carpeted backing.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
There is a technical service bulletin on that issue. I would think that because it is a TSB, Nissan is admitting a problem. They would have a hard time defending the cost of repair for the seats if the issue were brought into court.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
The leak should be a warranty repair and anything damaged by the leak should be covered too. You are absolutely entitled to get these items covered. Be polite, but firm and don't take no for an answer.
Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha! Maybe I should have taken the extra drive down to the Windward side! That was a good one:spam:

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
bpark808 said:
haha! Maybe I should have taken the extra drive down to the Windward side! That was a good one:spam:
Private joke? Let us in on it.

Clint

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just that "At King Windward Nissan, your lifetime friend" and I am just praying that New City treats me right. It's just part of their commercial. The SPAM is known down here as Hawaiian Steak because we eat so much of it over here.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
bpark808 said:
It's just that "At King Windward Nissan, your lifetime friend" and I am just praying that New City treats me right. It's just part of their commercial. The SPAM is known down here as Hawaiian Steak because we eat so much of it over here.
Go into New City,ask for Duchi {aka Dean} tell him Nissan Mike on the mainland said he would take good care of you.Duch is a great guy and won't let you down!
If the seat cover and carpet took a hit by this I'm sure they will take care of that also

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks NissanMike. I will talk to duchi/dean if things do not go well. Goes to show how small the world has become.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
bpark808 said:
Thanks NissanMike. I will talk to duchi/dean if things do not go well. Goes to show how small the world has become.
Don't let things go south before you speak with him,just pop your head in his door and say hello and introduce yourself

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll go see Dean before I take my truck in on Wednesday. Thanks Helinut for the info. It rained here this whole weekend :smoke: , mostly after midnight and with morning showers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Nissan Mike. I was unable to meet him. The truck is in the shop right now and I will get it back tomorrow. An assistant manager named Ralon told me that everything will be fixed under warranty. I was so happy, I even bought an Armada air dam and asked them to install it since they will be holding onto my truck. I have nothing but high praise right now, but we will see. They are very professional.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So Duchi said the advisors played a joke on him and said a big Korean guy was waiting outside to kick his a$$,he said he was thankful you were only relaying a wazzup from the mainland.So did this get handled to your satisfaction? If you have any further problems call Duchi directly!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They fixed the leak, but I have to wait for the replacement parts to come in on back order. I don't mind the wait because they fixed the leak. Funny story, the glass shop guys put the inner part of the sunvisors in the wrong places:rolleyes: I am going to have to ask them to switch them back when the parts come in. Other than that, I am very happy. I did not know about the joke. haha Thanks for help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts