Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied a small section of the black vinyl I purchased to hide all the rock chips. Just thought I'd get a feeler for what you guys/gals thought. The only major problem I had with it was that the existing stone chips show through the vinyl as little dips and what not. It was about 88* out, so it was easier to apply than when I had tried before. Not being sure that I wanted to leave it on there, I decided to take it back off as soon as I took these pictures for fear of it taking some of the paint with it. As you can see by the last picture, it did exactly that. Pulled the paint off of the chip guarded portion of the rocker panel. OH well.

SHould I do the rest of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well I think it looks kinda funny with just that one spot coverd up. I thought it would be cool to put bed liner spray drom the bottom to where the devider in the doors happens. u know the raised trim part. I have no clue how it would look but it would be nice for rocks and tree branches that are on the ground.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4wheelpeel said:
Well I think it looks kinda funny with just that one spot coverd up. I thought it would be cool to put bed liner spray drom the bottom to where the devider in the doors happens. u know the raised trim part. I have no clue how it would look but it would be nice for rocks and tree branches that are on the ground.
Yeah, I would do the entire bottom, it's hard to get a feel for it based on that one spot.

I'm painting my tow hooks with some DupliColor Truck Bed Coating as we speek. I figure they will be exposed to some abuse on the front of the truck. I'm gonna run them for awhile and see how well the stuff holds up. If it performs well, I'll probably try masking off and painting the rockers, just as you describe!

·
Registered
618 Posts
i think it would be cool to do that. i was thinking of doing my front bumper and rear bumper in it and also the rocker pannels if thats what they are called. I have my front bumper the big tank bumper painted flat black but from going through weeds and brush it has been all scraped up. I want it done nice so I would get line-x to do it and my bed. I am sure it would be quite a bit of $$$$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts