Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my frontier with a titan. There is a 2006 se crew cab for sale with 180,000 miles. It looks clean and well cared for and runs and drives well. I plan on diving it for maybe a few years (20 to 30 thousand more miles). Is it something i,should consider or should I look for a truck with close to 100,000 miles at more than double the price?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
well 2008+ would be ideal.

180K and a 2006 I`d pass. unless you have a few K kicking around for updates and normal maint.

what`s the price?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Personally, no, but I don't like to buy anything over 100k on it and then going to drive them until the maintenance becomes to much.

Now I have a coworker who really buys anything with less than 200k on them, of course the first thing he does is spend a month fixing everything wrong with them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
HELL NO!! I wouldn't let you GIVE me a vehicle with that kind of mileage on it...unless I was just taking it out to my deer lease and blowing it up with Tannerite.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
My 2005 has 181K on it but has been well maintained with frequent fluid changes and all. It drives as good as a new one and im not afraid to dive it to Alaska. Buying used is a gamble it all depends on how it was maintained but you never know that unless you know the previous owner. I have customers with over 310K on their Titans.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I wouldn't say "no" without a mechanic giving it a good look. Just because it is has a lot of mileage on it, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good deal at the right price.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would worry more about the transmission than the motor. It has a drain plug, see what a shop will charge to drain it and inspect the fluid and if they will put the old fluid back in as you are thinking about buying it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts