Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone ive talked to has told me to avoid the titan because it has issues. I noticed on here that there is an entire forum section worth of "problems"

My next truck is going to be something that will be used as a sport truck. lowered with swaybars and potentially a blower while being ridden hard at the track on a regular basis. I just wonder if the titan would hold up to my abuse?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
aside from the super charger and headers, theres really nothing out there for the titan like for the fords, chevys, and dodges.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
the reason why we have a problems section is the same as every other forum you visit... no vehicle is perfect and all have their own problems...

but the titan, i could not be happier putting gas and driving off in it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would recommend a Titan. The "problems" that Nissan had with the fist production years have been corrected for the 2007-2008 models. The brake issues have been corrected, the differentials have been upgraded, and the simple things that caused some grief have been changed right down to the door handles. Nissan had to learn how to make a full size truck and it took them a couple of years to find and correct problems and weaknesses and consider consumer input on how to better this truck. Go and test drive one. Forget about what you've heard and see for yourself. This truck is a great ride and I wouldn't give it up for ANY other 1/2 ton pickup, period.

·
Registered
218 Posts
everyone you talk to on here loves titans ur goin to have trouble finding someone telling you not to by it, its a great truck theres forums for many other full size trucks and i gauruntee they have problems also

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
tutttitan said:
i gauruntee they have problems also
you won't have to guarantee that tut! he just has to go visit a Ford, Chevy, Dodge and EVEN Toyota forums to see that they ALL have problems! but unlike all the big 3, Nissan has addressed all the major problems such as brakes and rear diffs. i've got an 04 built in December of 03, got 64k on it and couldn't be any happier with it! best truck, hands down i have ever owned or driven in!

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I am in San Diego and there are way to many Titans here now!!! Don't buy one ... if you do, you will be like the rest of the crowd... happy and proud!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Dodge transmissions, Ford Underpowered and have upper head lube failures, GMC lacks power, Toyota had at least 5 or 6 bad camshafts; yep, anyody has problems on some of the trucks or years. But it is often exaggerated as affecting everyone of them. I love my Titan and would buy it again in a heartbeat. No problems really. I've found all the Mods I was looking for, and they are all high quality, with no failures whatsoever.
Check out what guys have done with their rides here to see if it meets your desires. The big 3 do have more choices in the after market, no denying that. But we have plenty to be proud about too! And it is growing. Look around.
Style wise, nothing is as gorgeous as a Titan! :)

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
RobKar said:
I am in San Diego and there are way to many Titans here now!!! Don't buy one ... if you do, you will be like the rest of the crowd... happy and proud!
too many in san diego? no way, you're kidding right? :jester: NO, seriously... there are a lot of friggin' titans in San Diego or should i say a TON in Southern California for that matter!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Titan is also my first Nissan. I have no regrets about buying a Titan at all. I cannot remember a new vehicle that I have been so completely satisfied about other than my wife's Honda Accord EXVL.

I have had "0" issues out of my 07' SE and I make sure that everyone that ask "How do you like your Titan?" gets the same response, "I love it!"

My only wish is that the aftermarket was stronger for engine and drivetrain options. That is not Nissan's fault, our time is coming.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
I would buy another Titan without hesitation. I would suggest it to others as a reliable truck.

Clint

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
If you want a pure performance truck, don't buy a new one, build one because you'll have much better performance parts available. Don't get me wrong the Titan is a great truck and all but if performance were my main goal I would look at crate motors and built up trannys. The Titan, bullet proof she ain't but stout she be, ARRRRRRRRRRRRG, it's the pirate truck for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
hmmm...where do I begin?

I have been a Nissan Parts Mgr for 15 years....Nissan makes a great product....I have had 1 Jeep, 1 Dodge Ram 2500 and 2 Ford Super Dutys...

the Fords had way more issues than anything else....my Ford diesel blew up with only 52k on it.....thats when I bought a Titan....2005 that I had 49,000 miles on with NO problems...then it got totalled by a drunk driver...I'm on Titan #2........2006 SE CC with 33,000 miles on it...no problems....only problem I have with them is that they are gas guzzlers and I drive too many miles...that's why I miss a diesel.

Titans are very reliable....no more problematic than anything else......in fact..probably alot less than most....EVERYTHING can have problems...

blown rears, leaky axle seals...whatever else....could it happen? sure....you could also get eaten by a shark or struck by lightning....but....chances are...you won't...

if you want a Titan buy it...............chances are you will be very happy with it...good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Absolutely!
My '04 had some of the 1st year issues you've heard about-my dealership addressed them all without hesitation and I understand most all of those items have been taken care of in the later model years.
Mine is virtually stock (LE with a topper and factory tow package) and is still darned fun to drive after 55K miles. It gets 16.5-17.4 mpg if I keep my foot out of it and it pulls my 4500 # boat & trailer more easily than any 1/2 ton I've driven.
Nothing's perfect, but this is as close as I can ask for (and yes, I've owned Fords and Chevys).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nissan has solved most of the problems. They have not solved the differential problems. We have 07 Titans differentials failing here on TT. Same story, same results. Nissan claims the 08 Diffs to have stronger parts but we also thought the 07 was fixed. Nissan needs to tell us what they did to fix the problems. To do that, they would have to admit a problem exists. Don't hold your breath. I would be glad to trade my 04 in for a 08 or 09 after I know for sure the diff is fixed.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Not gonna repeat what the others have already stated.

I'd buy 6 more Titans if I had the $$$, then I'd have a different one for each day of the week!

·
Registered
662 Posts
:thumbsup: I couldn't agree more. I've had 2 Fords and a Dodge, and I would take the Titan any day over them. Mine is stock except for a K&N filter and LEER top and it will hual my boat or camper with ease.

·
Registered
718 Posts
52,000 miles on my 2004, with the only problem (warped front brake rotors) fixed under warranty. After it got totaled in an accident, I bought a 2006 (now at 14,000 miles) which has been a great, problem-free truck so far.

I would recommend the Titan without hesitation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has the aftermarket increased at all for lowering? Last time i looked at a titan there wasnt too much for it.

I do plan to test drive one in a few days.

The toyota is not even on my list, that new Blundra is the biggest piece of crap on the road and i dont have any intention of buying a gmc/chevy. I currently drive a midsize chevy and im fet up with the dealers around here. I generally have to drive half an hour to get work done because the local dealers are incompetant for service. I cant say how many times ive had it in the shop for the same little thing they "fixed" for a month before it came loose again. Not to mention how much they will fight you over warranty work.

Papa D- Thats nice and all, but that would require it to be a second car. My second car would be an autocross/track car. While owning a fast daily driver. Im not chasing some monsterous 10 second drag machine, just something will be quick at the weeknight drags, and reliable enough to not come apart from some harsh driving.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tita is a great truck and the best looking one out there!! The only question is... Can you deal with 10 pmg in the city and 17 mpg on the Hwy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts