·
Super Moderator
36,627 Posts
I like it .. .

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
looks like someone paid lotta money for a paint job... now what's interesting is the small line visible in the wheels... is that someone's custom air-down/air-up system that allows it to be done while in motion???
Or a wheel retainer? I noticed that too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't care for it either. I was wondering what those white things are sticking out of the wheels.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i like it except the wheel/tire combo...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I saw that (or one like it) at the International Auto show. Thing looks awesome in person.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks nice but was also wondering what the white lines in the wheels are.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
im not sute if this is the device or if im way off .. but either way i have to product name or company

but its sounds cool

The device for indication of low pressure in tire inflation includes a hose which can be connected to the valve stem of the tire for communicating with the compressed air therein. A body is connected to and is in communication with the interior of the hose for receiving compressed air therefrom. An indicator is pivotably attached to the body remote from the hose. An actuating mechanism is disposed in the body and is responsive to the pressure of the compressed air for selectively holding the indicator in a first position during normal operation, and releasing the indicator, upon a drop in the pressure of the compressed air below a predetermined level, to allow the indicator to pivot and assume a second, low-pressure position. A spring is provided for effecting the pivotal movement of the indicator to the second, low-pressure position upon release of the indicator by the actuating mechanism.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
import2nr said:
im not sute if this is the device or if im way off .. but either way i have to product name or company

but its sounds cool

The device for indication of low pressure in tire inflation includes a hose which can be connected to the valve stem of the tire for communicating with the compressed air therein. A body is connected to and is in communication with the interior of the hose for receiving compressed air therefrom. An indicator is pivotably attached to the body remote from the hose. An actuating mechanism is disposed in the body and is responsive to the pressure of the compressed air for selectively holding the indicator in a first position during normal operation, and releasing the indicator, upon a drop in the pressure of the compressed air below a predetermined level, to allow the indicator to pivot and assume a second, low-pressure position. A spring is provided for effecting the pivotal movement of the indicator to the second, low-pressure position upon release of the indicator by the actuating mechanism.
I do recall reading about this kind of unit before, maybe not in this forum, but somewhere... It referred to the air pressure monitoring system that allows air-down and air-up from a controller in the cab. The whole sytem is pretty much based on the Military HMMV and Hummer H1 Alpha's internal hub for the run-flat systems of the wheels and tires. From what I remember it takes a lot of customization, and mostly time and money...

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
.....and mostly time and money...
And isn't that true of so many of the things we want to do with our trucks? :lol:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah u guys are close. its ctis irs only on the hi hummer as far as I know. awesome for offroading change you tire pressure while driving to fit the terain..I gotta look at the pic later I'm online on my phone right now so the pic is pretty small... but as far as looks. I don't care for king cabs or hotwheel painjob but it looks clean..I took a pic of a lifted 04 tonight ill share later when I get out of the movie theater

1 - 16 of 16 Posts