Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hadn't been 3 weeks since I had the truck, and I got wrecked on prom night (April 20). Well luckily, it was not my fault, because 2 cars ahead an old Tahoe braked really fast, then a black Mitsubishi SUV slowed down, and I stopped a good 6 foot behind the Mitsubishi only to be crushed between the 2 by a 4 door Ford pulling a trailer. The Tahoe was not hit and drove off of course with non working signals or tail lights (beater vehicle). The driver of the Ford took all responsibility, including my hit to the Mitsu, and my Titan is gone with front and rear bumper repairs and a punctured radiator and other engine damage. I went to the ER with a little whiplash and shoulder injury, but I am fine and just a little sore. Anyone else got any unusual wreck stories?

·
Registered
65 Posts
....wow..another one!!....I sure hope April isn't going to be smack your Titan month....I hope everything works out well..I am Glad you didn't end up getting killed to death....Did any of your airbags go off??? How did the Active head restraints work?? I am curious about how the Titan takes its blows... I have lost a brother in a car accident and was involved in one as a passenger where 4 people were killed....Both were somebody elses fault...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster,
Sorry to hear about the accident. I wonder how many Titans out of all the vehicles on the road are involved in some accident on a given day (I count 4 so far). Nothing unusual about this one except it happened the same day yours did. Traffic was stopped about 400 feet from the gate of the base, I heard a “boom” and then a split second later felt a second “boom.” Seems some kid in a Jeep wasn’t paying attention to the stopped traffic, rear ended a Suburban, who then rear ended my 2 month old 07 Titan. The Suburban took the brunt of the damage of course thanks to the trailer hitch. The funny thing is I was going to take it in today to have the rear bumper replaced by the dealer; it had two slight dents when the truck was delivered. Total cost to repair my Titan, $1,656.14.

·
Registered
805 Posts
dmc601 said:
....wow..another one!!....I sure hope April isn't going to be smack your Titan month....I hope everything works out well..I am Glad you didn't end up getting killed to death....Did any of your airbags go off??? How did the Active head restraints work?? I am curious about how the Titan takes its blows... I have lost a brother in a car accident and was involved in one as a passenger where 4 people were killed....Both were somebody elses fault...
YIKES.....i know what u mean, i got smacked this month too, tho minor damage. glad to see the thread starter is ok tho. it really sucks when its someone else who damages your Titan... :(
April is PROTECT your Titan month!

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
Glad you're OK. As far as crashworthiness, I haven't heard of a single CRITICAL injury from the accidents I've read about. Not saying that it hasn't happened, but not in the stories I've read. I think that speaks well of how it holds up in the real world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts