Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey here are some pics of my co-workers Titan after he was rear ended. He was on his way back to Portland from Seattle traveling about 30mph in traffic and this ahole fell asleep at the wheel and hit him doing 60+. He was hauling some roofing in the back and you can see where that ended up at. It was a late 90's Camero that hit him and the car is totaled. He has not heard from the insurance company on his Titan yet but I know the frame is bent and it pushed the bed into the cab on both sides. Sucks to have this happen but at least he might get a new Titan out of the deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Holy Hole in a Doughnut Batman.... Glad you buddy is ok. Sucks to be him right now.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Glad he's ok, though.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Frames can be pretty stout. Does his show sign of damage? I bet the frame survived better than it looks.

My wife with her 1996 Nissan hardbody pickup was rear ended by a Volvo. My wife was at a stop. The police measured the skid marks and estimated 25-30 mph. The back end was toast, the bed pushed up to the cab.

The insurance said the frame was fine and I asked to have them pay for a frame alignment inspection. They refused. So I ante'd up figuring for sure I would find it bent, and it was within 1 mm of spec.

·
Registered
67 Posts
first off i am glad nobody got hurt. musky is right frames can be stout but it depens on how it gets hit. at my work we have a titan that got hit right on the rear bumper bracket that attaches to the frame and the frame is toast. almost any frame on the market can be moved with 1500 to 2500 pounds of pressure. so that being said if you get hit just right its going to move. this paticular titan at my work had the frame wad right up and it is probably 4 inches shorter than it should be. i hate to say it but the strongest frame i have ever had to straighten was a toyota tacoma. i had the frame rack at close to 7000 lbs to pull a diamond out of the frame.nissan is a close second but that was on the hardbody mini trucks i am not sure how stiff the titans are cause us titan owners tend to not wreck our trucks. tell your co-worker good luck from me and i hope he gets his truck back soon :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Too bad he had stuff in the bed weighing it down, the camaro probably would've hit his tires otherwise.....

·
Registered
805 Posts
wow........... hope it gets fixed soon.
but u know what, thats not a bad idea for the tailgate to open like that!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
phugoid said:
wow........... hope it gets fixed soon.
but u know what, thats not a bad idea for the tailgate to open like that!
Maybe if you had a dump bed on it! Otherwise... :dunno:

Hope all turns out well for your friend. Glad he's not got whiplash or anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's hard to tell if the frame is bent real bad but the mounting brackets are all jacked up and the frame where they mount is bent also. I like the idea about the tailgate! Maybe it would give us better fuel economy and some downforce at the right angle. The insurance company is still jackin him around, so who knows how long it will take for him to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
On the bright side?
There is one less dirtbag in a Camaro on the road.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm interested in pics of the Camaro just to compare the damage.

Glad nobody was hurt!

·
Registered
599 Posts
wow that sucks hope he is ok

1 - 14 of 14 Posts