Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and can't find a write up on a basic rear shock install? Does anyone know if there's one out here. I'm looking for something similar to the brake write up a member did.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just from eyeballing my shocks yes it looks easy, but I have zero car knowledge. Just figured I would check to see if there's a write-up that I could follow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just unbolt the old ones and put in the new ones. You might not even need to put the truck on jack stands. I would probably spray some sort of penetrating lube on the fasteners the night before.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
ok heres the is the pages out of my service manual
the nuts for the shocks are 111 ft lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
What brand are you replacing the stock shocks with?

Some brands can only be mounted one way. For example, icons and radflos have to be mounted boot down, body up.

Some shocks can be mounted either way.

Be sure to read the documentation to see which way you need to mount them.

Other than that, it's a fairly easy job that's hard to botch.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I'm just going to replace them with the same Rancho shocks I have on there now. I know everyone always says get the Blisten HD's, but I don't do any hauling or towing and the Rancho shocks have worked fine me.

Everytime I tackle a job like this or something around the house that looks really easy, 4 hours later I'm ready scream because some small step ends up turning into a nightmare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts