Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to raise the front of my 2wd 06 ex cab and would like to get a pair of the 08+ 4x4 springs that everyone recommends. Is there somewhere online to order them or do I need to go to the dealer. Will I get more lift with the off road version?

Thank you

·
Registered
196 Posts
rockauto.com $80 for the pair. I was told do the 09 4x4 springs. I am doing the same thing

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are not OEM are they? Has anyone tried them from here? I went ahead and ordered them yesterday, they said it was the same part number for a Pro4x as the other 4x4's. I hope they work with the 5100s I've got on the way and the RC 3" that came in today.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too could not find OEM replacement springs for less than $70 a spring. According to what I read, they should be around 15". Interested in seeing if these will suffice.

·
Registered
501 Posts
whats the purpose of going with the 08 4x4 springs vs what you have now?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
The 08 4x4 springs are longer than my 06 2wd springs, so more travel and lift with the 08 4x4's
They aren't longer, they have more coils and a higher spring rate which makes them sag less then a set of 2wd springs. Too bad I was too late. I have a set of 2009 4x4 struts with springs complete for sale for $120 shipped. I also have rear ranchos available.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
hey Aquaholic, are the 09 shocks higher as well? and will they work if i have a 2.5 leveling kit on already? i want 4 inch spindles but would the springs achieve this?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
hey Aquaholic, are the 09 shocks higher as well? and will they work if i have a 2.5 leveling kit on already? i want 4 inch spindles but would the springs achieve this?
You would need to use prg uca's if you put the struts with the leveling kit.

Reactions: goodkill365

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
dang, ill prob just wait for the 4" spindles then, thanks bro:)

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
4x4 struts and springs will help you get rid of squish in front and give you more control. If you aren't going 6.5" you could do spindles with 4x4 struts and sell your leveling kit to pay for the struts.

Reactions: goodkill365

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
my goal is 6.5 but its so hard to save money for spindles sense i got on this site:bangit:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If you are 2WD, you get at least 3.5" of lift from the 08+ 4x4 springs. Stryker, Citadel, SuperTighty5.6 and myself all sat around 38.5 - 39" after installing the springs. Due to the spring rate and the fact that the 2WD are lighter up front, they don't sag as much.

Contrary to what some have heard, the 08 2WD do not sit higher than 04-07 2WD models. I had an 06 2WD and at stock height it sat the same as my 08 2WD at stock height (35" front).

I sit at 40" up front with just the 08 4x4 springs and my 5100 set on the middle.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
"Bueller...........................bueller..............................."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts