Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paypal ready, don't care what color because I have 8 cans of colormatched paint in the garage ready to go...I dont care if they're beat up either...must be the kit WITHOUT the bedside box please!

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
645 Posts
quick question Ryan, just wondering where you got the paint from? I got some from automotivetouchup and it came out way darker than the factory color. Looking to find a place that might be able to match it better.
:bump: for a great guy!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quick question Ryan, just wondering where you got the paint from? I got some from automotivetouchup and it came out way darker than the factory color. Looking to find a place that might be able to match it better.
:bump: for a great guy!
Funny thing is that I get all of my paint from Automotive touchup, however I've found that it needs a super light colored primer (I used light grey) in order for the color to be close to OEM, but it's never 100% spot on perfect :(

Thanks for the :bump:!

·
Registered
645 Posts
i just used a grey rustoleum primer, I might try a white primer and see how it turns out, Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Crap...I just ordered 4 cans through them.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just used a grey rustoleum primer, I might try a white primer and see how it turns out, Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
No worries, good luck!

Crap...I just ordered 4 cans through them.
lol don't worry man they're pretty darn close to color, just take your time and use light coats and you will get as close to OEM as you possibly can without re-painting the entire truck:coolsmile

BTW how do you like those bilstiens?:teeth:

:bump: for Tuesday!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
What happened man? Did u get a ticket for your tires poking out too far or something?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What happened man? Did u get a ticket for your tires poking out too far or something?
No just sick of getting pulled over, plus I like the look and ditched my fiberglass in favor for a set of these, just really don't want to fork out $400+ for a new set when there's a perfectly good set waiting for a new home :teethmast

How's that beautiful power wagon working out for you Casey?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
No just sick of getting pulled over, plus I like the look and ditched my fiberglass in favor for a set of these, just really don't want to fork out $400+ for a new set when there's a perfectly good set waiting for a new home :teethmast

How's that beautiful power wagon working out for you Casey?
I wish I would have known you needed a set, I would have yanked them off the T before I traded it in!

The Power Wagon is working out pretty well, It's virtually unstoppable (where it fits), but it high centers way too often right now. I am in desperate need of a lift, but I have to make it myself. There isn't anything on the market right now that I like... It's going to be a work in progress... It's a VERY capable truck, but I'm starting to think it's a little too big to do what I want it to do...

I'm actually considering doing a simple 4" lift, a set of 37/13.50R17 toyo m/t's and flat bedding the back so I can build a single seat buggy to fit on there. No trailer, hehe. I do miss my T, but this has gotten me so many more places that my T could only dream of getting to...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I would have known you needed a set, I would have yanked them off the T before I traded it in!

The Power Wagon is working out pretty well, It's virtually unstoppable (where it fits), but it high centers way too often right now. I am in desperate need of a lift, but I have to make it myself. There isn't anything on the market right now that I like... It's going to be a work in progress... It's a VERY capable truck, but I'm starting to think it's a little too big to do what I want it to do...

I'm actually considering doing a simple 4" lift, a set of 37/13.50R17 toyo m/t's and flat bedding the back so I can build a single seat buggy to fit on there. No trailer, hehe. I do miss my T, but this has gotten me so many more places that my T could only dream of getting to...
Ah where were you a few months back!

I have to agree with the lift options, almost traded in the T for a new 2500 4x4 Mega Cab and while doing research I happened to run across the same problem...aftermarket's still too early for anything amazing to come out...so off to the drawing board and workshop for you in a bit, keep me updated I'd love to see how that beast turns out in the future!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Im about to ditch mine.. getting rid of my body lift, shoot me a pm we can work it out if ur still looking.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Ah where were you a few months back!

I have to agree with the lift options, almost traded in the T for a new 2500 4x4 Mega Cab and while doing research I happened to run across the same problem...aftermarket's still too early for anything amazing to come out...so off to the drawing board and workshop for you in a bit, keep me updated I'd love to see how that beast turns out in the future!
Well, IF I build something for it, it will be a (aluminum) long arm single triangulated 4 link in the front with a double triangulated 4 link in the rear. All suspended by dual rate coilovers. Not sure if I want to deal with bypass shocks as well. I will if I need them. But it's going to be a slow speed truck. A boatside is definately in it's future though, I really have no choice at this point. I kinda munched the bottom of the cab pretty good the last couple times I went out. But I got through bullfrog in a LONG wheelbased full size rig! lol:teethmast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts