Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a dana 60 32 spline rear axle. Yes the one in my Titan went bang so I am needing something asap. Anyone have any or know of any?

Call text Kenny 256-609-5244 Cell
Shop 256-259-3014 Thanks!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
your stock rearend isnt a dan 60! its a moddified super 44. you have to mod the dana 60 housing to get it to work, like cut the outer ends off your stocker and weld onto the dana 60 housing! i had one, i know how they are.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can use virtually any D60. Then buy the 32 spline carrier out of a 2nd gen dodge front D60 depending on which ratio you're running. I'm not sure what the carrier break is. You plan on welding on the Titan outers?

After looking you need to find a carrier out of a 99-02 2nd gen 2500/3500 dodge front D60. I'm not sure which D60 came with a 32 spline rear. Afaik they were either 30 or 35 spline and usually dodge 25/3500s didnt have D60 rears. D70/D80s were more common.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
cant buy a dana 60 front! the differential offset to the driver side.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Right, you need the carrier out of the front of a 99-02' dodge D60 front to retain the 32 spline titan axle shafts. I figured the op was more then intelligent enough to know that it would be best to stick with a D60 thats already setup for the rear lol. I'm pretty sure they make a D60 gearset in a 3.33 ratio if you're 4wd.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
nothing the titan uses is 3.33 gears. its 2.94 or 3.36. you can also buy just the carrier brand new online for 250-400. also i know dodge does not have 3.36 gears for any of their dana 60's. they have 3.55, 3.73. 4.10

·
Registered
563 Posts
Right but the 3.33 ratio is close enough to match the front titan gear ratio. You only use 4x4 while offroad or crusing around in the snow. That low traction will allow for the 0.02 difference between the two ratios. Its like all the SAS'd 1st gen frontys/xterras running 4.90s rears and 4.88 fronts. You won't even notice.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
i dont know if i would chance running different ratios. i know there isnt a big difference, but my luck, i would blow everything up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Really the difference isn't enough to even notice. I doubt the ABS computer would even notice. People do it all the time when sasing and swapping out axles.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
it isnt the abs i would be worried about, it is the t-case and trans cause you are locked together, turning at different speeds.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The difference between 3.33 and 3.33 is less than 1 percent. .9% actually.. unless you're going to be driving your truck on the pavement in 4x4 all the time you won't even feel the difference. I only use 4x4hi when the road is covered in snow, and a ratio difference of less then 1% you will make up in slippery road conditions/uneven tire pressures/etc. Its like running one tire at 34.5 psi and one at 35 psi..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
your stock rearend isnt a dan 60! its a moddified super 44. you have to mod the dana 60 housing to get it to work, like cut the outer ends off your stocker and weld onto the dana 60 housing! i had one, i know how they are.
I am aware of this. I ask for a stock one because I am down a truck and a bay in the shop I own both of which make me $$$$. I need this thing going and can "build" a 60 after I find one. My main thin is getting this thing rolling again. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Btw it is a 4x4 but I don't care about any of that if I can get it going I will worry about getting close gearing later. The only time it will ever see 4x4 will be winter or a really slippery boat ramp for 3 feet. So that is not an issue right now. I am planning on cutting my old tubes and making the D60 work. Thanks again for the input.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts