Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a used '10 pro4x that I discovered came with no jack/ tools :frown:
Had a TPMS issue already & low profile jack + a 6x6 block isn't really the safest way to go changing a tire- out on the road would've sucked.
Searched 4 junkyards, scissors jacks for cars are a dime a dozen. Don't really wanna keep hauling around the homemade set up I'm using.

Anyone got something fairly reasonable, Ebay is like $90+.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I use a 12 ton bottle jack. Fits in the space under the seat that the OEM jack used. My OEM jack broke with the truck in the air and the truck rolled off the jack on level ground. Thankfully the tire was still on it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yup - go with a bottle jack. Harbor freight, if you have one nearby, or perhaps tractor supply.

If you get / have aftermarket bumpers, then a hi-lift (farm jack) works super easy. Almost too easy! I lifted the entire rear of my truck from the hitch...

...then watched as it slipped sideways...nice practice for use on the trail & a good lesson learned!

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yeah the bottle jacks won't do much if you're anywhere close to lifted. Mine barely gets the tires off the ground so as soon as I lift it I'll have to figure something else out. My floor jack barely gets enough height to get the tires off the ground.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep have a HF & TSC, easy enough route to go with.
Thinking if a bottle/ regular jack is just cutting it enough under the frame it could be useless sometime where I may go (maybe keep a block stashed in the side box to set it on).
Wife has a '15 Jetta and my smaller LP jack is nice on that but struggled a bit on the truck, going to resort back to a full size for this hog- add more to the garage again :)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Cut a 2x6 or 8 & use as blocks. I keep a bunch in my T when I take the bottle jack.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Cut a 2x6 or 8 & use as blocks. I keep a bunch in my T when I take the bottle jack.
Yep. I've got a stone 4x4 block that sits in the bed to use as a wheel chock or jack stand :big_grin:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts