Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, hope I can get help.

Recently purchased an '07 Titan, had some problems and spent over 3K getting some gremlins and goblins out: had a gas ECU on a Flex engine that inyected more gas than it needed: burned-out valves and messed-up the piston rings. Swapped the IPDM to a black one and finally runs, but want it to run better.

After parts and mechanic bill wife and I ended spending more than we had budgeted, so only mods is radio, speakers, K&N air filter and 5100 bilsteins all around (struts were shot and had a nose dive, so killed 2 birds with one stone there).

Gave me time to read forums and read about Superchips Cortex, Bully Dog and Uprev.

Since we're on a dudget, but would like to remove the WOT restriction and increase the rev and speed limiters I figured Superchips was the answer.

Looks like I got late to the game since SC no longer supports Nissan Titan, BUT reaching-out to ask if anyone here has one available that I can use.

Seems the Superchips Cortex 4950 is the model I need. Checked ebay and craigslist, but I couldn't find one.

Anyone willing to re-home their unmarried Superchip Cortex 4950?

Sorry for long post and thanks to everyone in advance for their help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a little more homework, seems these tuners are compatible for my '07 Titan:
Superchips Flashpaq 4865
Superchips Cortex 4950
Bullydog 40410 (50 state compliant tunes)
Bullydog 40417 (Non California compliant)

Called Superchips and they no longer produce or support a product for Nissan T's, so if Cortex or Flashpaq is locked or damaged I'll be SOL: unless someone here knows something different.

Called Bullydog and even though it's an older product they still offer support on the 40410 and 40417 models (for now, at least):

If Bullydog is locked: $200 - $250 depending on SW version (over the phone unlock)... wondering if process can be repeated for multiple unlocking ;-)

If Bullydog needs rapair outside warranty: $100 (need to ship, obviously).

Another thing, for whomever might be interested: Bullydog tech support stated i DO NOT need to leave the display plugged all the time: once tune is installed it can go into the glovebox, garage, drawer, etc. It does add an extra number of gauges you can monitor if you want, but it doesn't have to be exposed if you don't want it to be.

Anyone with a Bullydog 40410, 40417 they want to sell?

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts