Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 titan 4x4 love the truck and runs great. I have been checking my miles per gallon a lot. With 87 octane i have been getting around 15.8 in town but here is the kicker when i run 93 i might get 12.9 at the most 13.5 what the h*ll. I was talking to two other guys local with the same truck getting 19 in town on 93 octane. So is there something wrong or what.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two different guys with 08's. The best i have ever got in town was 17.3 and that was driving like an old lady i would rather get 15's. But the bigger question is why worse mileage with higher octane.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
daptech said:
19 MPG around town in a Titan is not going to happen.........may
be a BS or math problem:D
x2. My Titan on it's best day, completely stock got 15 and that was babying it. Some claim to get 19 and 20mpg, but I just very seriously doubt that's accurate.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I get 15+ on the freeway in my 08

This is speculation only.

Would using different grade gas cause the ECU to adjust the A/F stream to compensate the grade?

Almost like getting the 2* advance done, when they set it to relearn?

I run 89 myself, Though if I truly worried about mpg I wouldn't of bought the Titan.

I would be sporting one of those gerbil cars that get 50+ mpg :gay:

·
Registered
341 Posts
dc_909 said:
Would using different grade gas cause the ECU to adjust the A/F stream to compensate the grade?

Nope...different octane gas won't make any difference there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yeah i highly doubt when any of us bought our titan that gas mileage was on our minds we knew that it was going to be crappy REALLY!!!!!!!!!! crappy

·
Registered
289 Posts
why is this topic of gas mileage seem to always come up every week or so? we all knew what we were getting when we bought our trucks right?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
primetime said:
I dont give a sh*t if i get 2 or 30 mpg. I just want to no why i am getting worse with a higher octane.
Technology of the newer vehicles that run better on 87 octane......
Mine does the same.....:dunno:

·
Registered
341 Posts
VegasTi said:
Doesn't higher octane fuel ignite faster?

Nope...doesn't burn faster or slower than regular gas. May contain more detergent additives though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts