1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
While they would have eventually pulled out of this small ditch, it was a good demonstration of an open differntial. A limited slip will go thru in two wheel drive, one of the very reasons i hate that panty waist e-locker. Other trucks can go right thru places(in 2 wheel) that i have to stop and go to four low and e-lock to get thru. Pretty damn embarrsing for a PRG'ed 4x4 Off Road with 315's. Thanks again Nissan!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While they would have eventually pulled out of this small ditch, it was a good demonstration of an open differntial. A limited slip will go thru in two wheel drive, one of the very reasons i hate that panty waist e-locker. Other trucks can go right thru places(in 2 wheel) that i have to stop and go to four low and e-lock to get thru. Pretty damn embarrsing for a PRG'ed 4x4 Off Road with 315's. Thanks again Nissan!
I don't give a sh!t how I go to go threw it as long as I make it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you missed the whole point of the video you posted.
I know the point but I'm saying. If I don't have a locker then I'm not scared to put it in 4-lo to get threw some where.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
With open diff's sometimes that's all you can do.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With open diff's sometimes that's all you can do.
I know. I want a locker but if I don't have one then I'm fine with that. As long as I don't get stuck everywhere I go.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you don't have a limited slip or locker do the redneck thing, press lightly on the brakes with your left foot while driving. This forces the power to be spread more evenly between the rear wheels :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't have a limited slip or locker do the redneck thing, press lightly on the brakes with your left foot while driving. This forces the power to be spread more evenly between the rear wheels :)
I always called that riding the brake's, It's more of a grand-maw thang! :D

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Did you watch the video? NO truck made it through until the chevy had the D80 locker. Limited slip would not have made it through at those angles either.
The nissan E-locker in 2wd would have done the same exact thing, made it through with no problem. Also any truck with the right driver would had made it through there in 2wd, everyone knows you can't stop and play graba$$ when you get in a situation like that. Driving skills play a big part in what your truck will make it through. It's funny you can't follow your 2wd buddies because out on the job sites I am the guy that's pulling out the 2wd trucks and fair amount of 4wd trucks.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
country boys like sheep and open differentials

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just about every damn thread I post in some body tag's it with country boy likes sheep. WTF!?!? And I hate open diff's so what now! HAHA

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Did you watch the video? NO truck made it through until the chevy had the D80 locker. Limited slip would not have made it through at those angles either.
The nissan E-locker in 2wd would have done the same exact thing, made it through with no problem. Also any truck with the right driver would had made it through there in 2wd, everyone knows you can't stop and play graba$$ when you get in a situation like that. Driving skills play a big part in what your truck will make it through. It's funny you can't follow your 2wd buddies because out on the job sites I am the guy that's pulling out the 2wd trucks and fair amount of 4wd trucks.
Apparently you have not read this thread or watched the video closely. The 4WD Ford and Dodge (video stated non-had a limited slip)had started moving and like the first post says they put on brakes as the vehicle started to actually pull thru. What this video is pointing out is that open diff's are inadeqent off road. Nothing more nothing less. Apprantly you have really never been off road or owned a L/S as you would understanding the complete situation. Also understand this is an infomerical for the Eaton G-80, so we are all aware of what infomericals do. A limited slip would easily navigate that ditch in the video. I've had plenty of limited slips and understand there capabilities fully. Rewatch the video and listen carefully to what's being said. A limited slip is by no means a locker, but I have had both of them.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that right rear tire of those chevys doesn't look so good on his way out of that ditch.
Have a locker doesn't mean **** if your rear tire's fall off! LOL

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Apparently you have not read this thread or watched the video closely. The 4WD Ford and Dodge (video stated non-had a limited slip)had started moving and like the first post says they put on brakes as the vehicle started to actually pull thru. What this video is pointing out is that open diff's are inadeqent off road. Nothing more nothing less. Apprantly you have really never been off road or owned a L/S as you would understanding the complete situation. Also understand this is an infomerical for the Eaton G-80, so we are all aware of what infomericals do. A limited slip would easily navigate that ditch in the video. I've had plenty of limited slips and understand there capabilities fully. Rewatch the video and listen carefully to what's being said. A limited slip is by no means a locker, but I have had both of them.
no sh$t a l/s is not a locker. the only mention of a l/S is when the first ferd was stuck when he said that a l/s would not have done much better and at the end when said he has shown us the open, the l/s and locker. the 4wd ford and dodge open said they were simarly equipt vehicles. Problem is never mention L/s anywhere else in that video. The only two trucks 2wd and 4wd that made it through were the chebies with lockers. It would not have mattered if they were open or l/s the lockers got them out it. Is a locker the best, hell yes. is a l/s better than a open, hell yes. I am saying that video is BS if you know how to drive.
and yes I have had plenty of vehicles with l/s, open and even installed some detroit lockers in my day. I know a thing or too about off roading. One of them is not to stop in a situation like. any of those trucks would have driven right out there if they would not have stopped to play grab azz.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
no sh$t a l/s is not a locker. the only mention of a l/S is when the first ferd was stuck when he said that a l/s would not have done much better and at the end when said he has shown us the open, the l/s and locker. the 4wd ford and dodge open said they were simarly equipt vehicles. Problem is never mention L/s anywhere else in that video. The only two trucks 2wd and 4wd that made it through were the chebies with lockers. It would not have mattered if they were open or l/s the lockers got them out it. Is a locker the best, hell yes. is a l/s better than a open, hell yes. I am saying that video is BS if you know how to drive.
and yes I have had plenty of vehicles with l/s, open and even installed some detroit lockers in my day. I know a thing or too about off roading. One of them is not to stop in a situation like. any of those trucks would have driven right out there if they would not have stopped to play grab azz.
I can't really figure out what your saying.

1. You say that: Limited slip would not make it through at those angle either. Truth: the video clearly shows the open diff trucks are struggling but get the required traction to start thru the ditch until they clearly put on brakes, so the L/S diff would negotiate the terrain much better.

2. Same post you say the Nissan E-locker in 2WD would have made it thru. The E-locker in 2WD would be nothing more than an open diff. But in your post you say a L/S would not go thru the ditch? So which is it?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
UHH??

The video does not show L/S going anywhere. At no times does the video show any limited slip, atleast it doesn't say they are limited slip. It shows two Gm trucks, one is 2wd and one is 4wd with D80 lockers making it through, doesn't say if they are L/S or not. A l/s would not have made it through either if the driver stopped at those angles. I did say that a L/s and an open will make it through if the driver would not have stopped. This is why I call BS on video, Typical MFG skirting the truth.

So your telling me the e-locker in the Titans doesn't lock the axles?? if so then why is it a locker?? neither one of my trucks have the locker but it is my understanding that the e-locker lockes the axles, that is why it is a locker right. Am I missing something? Unless your telling me that the truck has to be 4wd to use the E-locker, if so I didn't know that. I thought some of the early off road titans that were 2wd had the e-locker???

Personaly the Titans ABLS works very for me. When doing my raw land inspections I am going through wash outs, ditches and all sorts of nasty sh$t and I have no problems. The slip is flashing and the truck just keeps going.
With my l/s trucks and jeeps when I got in situation like that I would just add a brake pressure and that would get the other tire spinning and I would pull right, kinda what the ABLS does.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
LMAO

Tags
baaaa means noooo, bad sheep bad sheep ~cb, beastiality rocks cb, cb drives a pos ranger, cb dry humps baaaaaaaa, cb likes to dig ditches, cb stump breaks animals, country boys like sheep, farm animals fear cb, sheep pu$$y rules

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bama talk all the sh!t you want about a LS diff, But this one saved my *** today! If the truck didn't have it I would have been stuck. I was going down the road not paying attention and hit a deep *** mud hole.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts