Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered me a Canteen, CC, SE with Fosgate Bench-$500 over invoice-question is they want a $1000 Deposit and want to cash it and not just hold the check-told me when truck came in could either apply it towards down payment or give me the $1000 back-does this sound ok to ya'll? And if not what should I do and say? Also it would take 60-70 days to come in.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I would accept them cashing it IF and only IF they agreed to pay you interest on the $1000 from the date they accept it until the date you receive the truck. I think 5% interest compounded daily would be acceptable to me. It might not get you a lot, but it would get you something and also get them to maybe move a little faster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It sounds ok to me, but I would get in writing a date by which you can cancel the order and have a refund check issued on the spot if the truck is not available to be delivered to you. Have that document signed by the manager and you keep it. You may find that 60 days sretches to 90, but at leas you have a realistic view of when to expect your truck.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I guess I was a little naive in giving a $1000 deposit on my credit card. They ran it through in December (around the 2nd) and I still don't have my truck. I guess I should have asked for some interest or at least asked for my deposit back when they lost the first two trucks. My problem is I can't get another Titan in the right config. anywhere. So, if I take back my deposit and give up...I will have to buy a Toyota (oops, can't do that the same dealer has the Toyota dealership). I guess the Ford would have to be the one. :crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts