Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried running an x-pipe? well I couldnt find one for the titan so I made one, im almost done with the fab and welding (I AM NOT A PRO WELDER) now all I gotta do is clean it up and put the mufflers on. what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
nice except i heard it only helps if the pipes are the same exact length. no expert, just what if heard

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice except i heard it only helps if the pipes are the same exact length. no expert, just what if heard
are you talking about the entire pipes or the ones I added? the ones I added are all the same, and if you look at the offroad x-pipes for the mustangs they dont have equal length pipes.

·
Registered
745 Posts
X pipes work well, especially the TRU style X pipe that you have made there. The BBK style X-pipe are terrible and cause more of a marbles in the muffler style of sounds. But a true X design will equalize the exhaust gases in the pipes and create a smoother more mellow note. It will not make it any louder or quiet. Just equlaizes the gases between the 2 pipes after the manifolds or headers. And they work anywhere in the exhaust system, You should see the X-pipe mades for the newer Corvette's, they are re-donk-ya-lous big and uneven but still do there job and equalize that gas.

·
Registered
785 Posts
are you talking about the entire pipes or the ones I added? the ones I added are all the same, and if you look at the offroad x-pipes for the mustangs they dont have equal length pipes.
the pipes from the cats to the x pipe is what i was talking about.

·
Registered
745 Posts
the pipes from the cats to the x pipe is what i was talking about.
that means nothing, there isnt a vehicle on the entire planet earth where you could make both sides the exact same length unless you need nothing else under the car like a transmission, crossmember, driveshaft and rear axle.

All the X and H pipes do is equalize gas between the pipes. So one side will not be louder than the other when using duals. If your running a single outlet exhaust the X really does nothing at all for you...Just a waste of money to say you have an X pipe...

·
Registered
785 Posts
that means nothing, there isnt a vehicle on the entire planet earth where you could make both sides the exact same length unless you need nothing else under the car like a transmission, crossmember, driveshaft and rear axle.

All the X and H pipes do is equalize gas between the pipes. So one side will not be louder than the other when using duals. If your running a single outlet exhaust the X really does nothing at all for you...Just a waste of money to say you have an X pipe...
search mustang x pipe or corvette x pipe

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
X pipes work well, especially the TRU style X pipe that you have made there. The BBK style X-pipe are terrible and cause more of a marbles in the muffler style of sounds. But a true X design will equalize the exhaust gases in the pipes and create a smoother more mellow note. It will not make it any louder or quiet. Just equlaizes the gases between the 2 pipes after the manifolds or headers. And they work anywhere in the exhaust system, You should see the X-pipe mades for the newer Corvette's, they are re-donk-ya-lous big and uneven but still do there job and equalize that gas.
You my friend haven't got a d*mn clue as to what you're talking about. Looks really uneven doesn't it? In the OP's design and every other commonly installed x-pipe off to one side, the pulse timing is out of whack. What do you think is gonna happen when the big pulse on the left takes it's sweet time to get to the x-pipe junction only to have been interrupted by the pulse on the right? Instead of one pulse splitting into two and going about it's business, you have 2 big pulses trying to fight their way through it. You need to learn current exhaust technology and quit spouting incorrect info to people who really want to know and do not know the right info.
C5 Vette

5.0L Pushrod Mustang

It does in fact make it quieter than no crossover. Learn your facts before spouting personal opinions as facts and giving people incorrect information.:bangit:

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Banned
2,234 Posts

First part is total and complete BS. My truck had an equal length x-pipe that I fabricated from the manifolds and the pipes were equal length from it to where they exited behind the pass tire. An x-pipe equalizes the exhaust pulses from the uneven firing order of a cross-plane V8. It will not make "one side quieter" than the other. Second part is correct. Pointless to install an x-pipe on a single exhaust setup.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Guys...cmon, I have had several mustangs through the years and install a many of X and H-pipes. Those pictures your posting are worthless, the top one is for a long tube header car so there is another 2 1/2 ft of exhaust in front of that going to the engine exhaust ports. I had a 98 GT, 03 Gt and a 04 Cobra. None of which had a equal length exhaust before the crossover weather it was an H or X or Prochamber.

the 2nd is for a factory manifold car and they are NO WHERE near the same lengths, not to mention that the mufflers are off set on both sides of the car. I know this cause I have installed the systems with my own hands.

Here is the only picture I have of my Mustangs on this new computer. This one has long tube headers with 2.5" collectors going into an off road H-pipe then Flowmaster 40's with full length tailpipes and 4" rolled edge tips. All stainless except the headers, they was aluminized with ceramic coating.

And here is the same car when it had the Magnaflow Magnapack system installed. you can kinda see the muffler in this one.

So saying im full of BS is just a very poor thing to say... I wouldnt say im an expert, but im very experienced with exhausts of every kind. Both installing them with my own hands and being lazy and having a hack shop install it. I will say a mandrel bent exhaust sounds way better than a tube bent system from a muffler shop. even with the same components...

Reactions: DRTYAZN
1 - 11 of 11 Posts