Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! New to the site but I've decided since I couldn't find any info on this, I'd write it up for other users. I work as a mechanic at a Nissan dealership for 3 years now and just bought myself a 2017 Titan SV 4x4. LOVE this truck. I've been adding mods recently and I scored some 20" XD wheels (and the RC 2" leveling kit, of course). But there are some big differences to consider. The Titan XD bolt pattern is a 6x5.5 and the studs are M14x1.5 with MAG SEAT lugs. The non XD Titans come with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern BUT has the standard Nissan M12x1.25 studs with ACORN lugs. So with that being noted, my next finding was that the XD wheels had no offset. So I got some bad caliper contact. I fixed that with some hub-centric 1" spacers that had the non XD Titan bolt pattern. With the spacers, the wheels sit perfectly flush with the body, just like the oem Titan 18's. Everything is going according to plan. Then I noticed it. With mag seat wheels, the diameter of the "stud holes" on the wheels are pretty tight as far as stud clearance. As you can imagine, the XD wheels had quite some slop since it sits on a M14x1.5 studs originally and I mounted them on my M12x1.25 studs. Now I mounted them and test drove it. So far, so good. I have 20 miles on this new set up but will keep updating this to see if it lasts. Luckily with mag seat lugs, it relies on the washer or flat portion of the lug nut to clamp down, unlike the acorn relying on the taper at the end. I did a brief comparison between an XD lug nut part # 40224-1LA2B and the mag lugs I ordered to match the Titan thread pattern part # 40224-JK00A. They are the exact same in size other than the thread pitch and stud diameter. So I will keep everyone posted. If you are considering some XD wheels, just know, for an oem look you'll need 1" hub-centric spacers and also lugs nuts part # 40224-JK00A from Nissan to get them to fit. Added before and after pics ?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So it's been just over 500 miles on this setup. The lug nuts, studs, and wheels, show no sign of wear and I have not experienced any strange noises, vibrations, etc. I went into work yesterday to add a 1.5" lift in the rear to ACTUALLY level the truck and it looks how it should've looked from factory. Loving it now! Rear lift was the RC 1.5" blocks (part# 6531) supposedly for the 04-12 titan but it fits the new titans like a glove. Any way, inspected everything wheel wise and it's all good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome info. Thanks. I upgraded from my 04 Armada to a 2017 Titan. The lift and wheels make the truck look more amazing imo.

Since you are a Nissan Tech, was wondering if you can help with a couple questions about my truck. I have a S model that came with 18’s and saw that the 2016 XD came with 17’s. Do you know if 17’s would fit on my truck also? And also, could you confirm if i bought the remote start kit that it would work on S models? I read somewhere that it only worked on SV and up models. TIA!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Some good info, but I should point out, XD wheels have a very high offset (+43~45mm) versus the +23~25mm of the nonXD wheels. One other thing to keep in mind is XD wheels are 7.5" wide while nonXD are 8" wide

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gotcha! Thanks for the additional info. Hopefully I will come across aftermarket wheels with better specs. At least now I don’t have write off wheels cause they were on a XD to begin with.

·
Registered
702 Posts
So it's been just over 500 miles on this setup. The lug nuts, studs, and wheels, show no sign of wear and I have not experienced any strange noises, vibrations, etc. I went into work yesterday to add a 1.5" lift in the rear to ACTUALLY level the truck and it looks how it should've looked from factory. Loving it now! Rear lift was the RC 1.5" blocks (part# 6531) supposedly for the 04-12 titan but it fits the new titans like a glove. Any way, inspected everything wheel wise and it's all good.
Pics man! (please) ... I've been fiddling with raising the rear of mine so it's not front-high, so I'm curious to see how yours sits now. Tks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome info. Thanks. I upgraded from my 04 Armada to a 2017 Titan. The lift and wheels make the truck look more amazing imo.

Since you are a Nissan Tech, was wondering if you can help with a couple questions about my truck. I have a S model that came with 18’s and saw that the 2016 XD came with 17’s. Do you know if 17’s would fit on my truck also? And also, could you confirm if i bought the remote start kit that it would work on S models? I read somewhere that it only worked on SV and up models. TIA!
Quick way to find out if you can have remote start is to check your hood latch. There is a capped off black connector next to the hood latch. That connector is meant for the remote start hood latch that has a connector attached to it. If you have push button start and you see the connector that is capped off, you simply need to buy the remote start kit and program the new I-keys. I did this on my SV since it didnt come with remote start. Pretty quick and easy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics man! (please) ... I've been fiddling with raising the rear of mine so it's not front-high, so I'm curious to see how yours sits now. Tks.
Some quick pics. Really leveled it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I checked and I do have the capped connector by the hood latch. Would it be possible to have that connector there and the truck NOT remote start capable? Asking because I read on another thread that only SV and above models were remote start capable using the kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked and I do have the capped connector by the hood latch. Would it be possible to have that connector there and the truck NOT remote start capable? Asking because I read on another thread that only SV and above models were remote start capable using the kit.
Doesn't sound likely. The sole purpose of that connector that's capped off is to add the hood latch for remote start. Only way I would see it not working is if you had a mechanical key to start the car. If your car is push button start and you have the connector, you're all set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 Titan that had 17” rims and I recently scored some oem Titan xd 18’s. I got new lugnuts to fit and they look great. However I have a bad wobble. The said it might be the hub and hole may be just a little off. According to your post. If I purchased some 1inch hub centric spacers would that fix my wobble problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! New to the site but I've decided since I couldn't find any info on this, I'd write it up for other users. I work as a mechanic at a Nissan dealership for 3 years now and just bought myself a 2017 Titan SV 4x4. LOVE this truck. I've been adding mods recently and I scored some 20" XD wheels (and the RC 2" leveling kit, of course). But there are some big differences to consider. The Titan XD bolt pattern is a 6x5.5 and the studs are M14x1.5 with MAG SEAT lugs. The non XD Titans come with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern BUT has the standard Nissan M12x1.25 studs with ACORN lugs. So with that being noted, my next finding was that the XD wheels had no offset. So I got some bad caliper contact. I fixed that with some hub-centric 1" spacers that had the non XD Titan bolt pattern. With the spacers, the wheels sit perfectly flush with the body, just like the oem Titan 18's. Everything is going according to plan. Then I noticed it. With mag seat wheels, the diameter of the "stud holes" on the wheels are pretty tight as far as stud clearance. As you can imagine, the XD wheels had quite some slop since it sits on a M14x1.5 studs originally and I mounted them on my M12x1.25 studs. Now I mounted them and test drove it. So far, so good. I have 20 miles on this new set up but will keep updating this to see if it lasts. Luckily with mag seat lugs, it relies on the washer or flat portion of the lug nut to clamp down, unlike the acorn relying on the taper at the end. I did a brief comparison between an XD lug nut part # 40224-1LA2B and the mag lugs I ordered to match the Titan thread pattern part # 40224-JK00A. They are the exact same in size other than the thread pitch and stud diameter. So I will keep everyone posted. If you are considering some XD wheels, just know, for an oem look you'll need 1" hub-centric spacers and also lugs nuts part # 40224-JK00A from Nissan to get them to fit. Added before and after pics ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2005 Titan XE and I want to put newer, larger OEM wheels on the truck. I have stock 17s now, would like to go with 18” or 20”. It appears that my truck has +30 offset and XD rims are +41.5. Will these wheels work on my truck? I am a novice when it comes to truck maintenance and upgrades, but really want to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
660891C2-D24D-4E3D-A1C2-2DBDD7F6BA30.jpeg

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Why didn't you have the spacers made to work with you 12mm lugs to bolt the spacer on and then have 14mm studs on the spacers to work with the XD wheels???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at doing this same thing - quick question and following up on 54warrior's post. It appears as though there are aftermarket spacers that go 12MM into the spacer and 14MM studs on the way out, and then go with the MAC lug nuts. Wouldn't that be the best way to go?

Or go with a standard 14MM spacer in and out and use an acorn lug nut on the wheel stud and MAC lug nut on the spacer stud?

Found a great deal on some XD Wheels - just want to make sure I can make it work before pulling the trigger.

TIA

Ricky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts