Nissan Titan Forum banner

XD wheels on Non XD Titan

29K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Ejoel88 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! New to the site but I've decided since I couldn't find any info on this, I'd write it up for other users. I work as a mechanic at a Nissan dealership for 3 years now and just bought myself a 2017 Titan SV 4x4. LOVE this truck. I've been adding mods recently and I scored some 20" XD wheels (and the RC 2" leveling kit, of course). But there are some big differences to consider. The Titan XD bolt pattern is a 6x5.5 and the studs are M14x1.5 with MAG SEAT lugs. The non XD Titans come with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern BUT has the standard Nissan M12x1.25 studs with ACORN lugs. So with that being noted, my next finding was that the XD wheels had no offset. So I got some bad caliper contact. I fixed that with some hub-centric 1" spacers that had the non XD Titan bolt pattern. With the spacers, the wheels sit perfectly flush with the body, just like the oem Titan 18's. Everything is going according to plan. Then I noticed it. With mag seat wheels, the diameter of the "stud holes" on the wheels are pretty tight as far as stud clearance. As you can imagine, the XD wheels had quite some slop since it sits on a M14x1.5 studs originally and I mounted them on my M12x1.25 studs. Now I mounted them and test drove it. So far, so good. I have 20 miles on this new set up but will keep updating this to see if it lasts. Luckily with mag seat lugs, it relies on the washer or flat portion of the lug nut to clamp down, unlike the acorn relying on the taper at the end. I did a brief comparison between an XD lug nut part # 40224-1LA2B and the mag lugs I ordered to match the Titan thread pattern part # 40224-JK00A. They are the exact same in size other than the thread pitch and stud diameter. So I will keep everyone posted. If you are considering some XD wheels, just know, for an oem look you'll need 1" hub-centric spacers and also lugs nuts part # 40224-JK00A from Nissan to get them to fit. Added before and after pics ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So it's been just over 500 miles on this setup. The lug nuts, studs, and wheels, show no sign of wear and I have not experienced any strange noises, vibrations, etc. I went into work yesterday to add a 1.5" lift in the rear to ACTUALLY level the truck and it looks how it should've looked from factory. Loving it now! Rear lift was the RC 1.5" blocks (part# 6531) supposedly for the 04-12 titan but it fits the new titans like a glove. Any way, inspected everything wheel wise and it's all good.

#3 ·
Awesome info. Thanks. I upgraded from my 04 Armada to a 2017 Titan. The lift and wheels make the truck look more amazing imo.

Since you are a Nissan Tech, was wondering if you can help with a couple questions about my truck. I have a S model that came with 18’s and saw that the 2016 XD came with 17’s. Do you know if 17’s would fit on my truck also? And also, could you confirm if i bought the remote start kit that it would work on S models? I read somewhere that it only worked on SV and up models. TIA!

#7 ·
Quick way to find out if you can have remote start is to check your hood latch. There is a capped off black connector next to the hood latch. That connector is meant for the remote start hood latch that has a connector attached to it. If you have push button start and you see the connector that is capped off, you simply need to buy the remote start kit and program the new I-keys. I did this on my SV since it didnt come with remote start. Pretty quick and easy!

#10 ·
Doesn't sound likely. The sole purpose of that connector that's capped off is to add the hood latch for remote start. Only way I would see it not working is if you had a mechanical key to start the car. If your car is push button start and you have the connector, you're all set.

#13 ·
I have an 05 Titan that had 17” rims and I recently scored some oem Titan xd 18’s. I got new lugnuts to fit and they look great. However I have a bad wobble. The said it might be the hub and hole may be just a little off. According to your post. If I purchased some 1inch hub centric spacers would that fix my wobble problem?

#15 ·
I have a 2005 Titan XE and I want to put newer, larger OEM wheels on the truck. I have stock 17s now, would like to go with 18” or 20”. It appears that my truck has +30 offset and XD rims are +41.5. Will these wheels work on my truck? I am a novice when it comes to truck maintenance and upgrades, but really want to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#16 ·
Why didn't you have the spacers made to work with you 12mm lugs to bolt the spacer on and then have 14mm studs on the spacers to work with the XD wheels???

#17 ·
Looking at doing this same thing - quick question and following up on 54warrior's post. It appears as though there are aftermarket spacers that go 12MM into the spacer and 14MM studs on the way out, and then go with the MAC lug nuts. Wouldn't that be the best way to go?

Or go with a standard 14MM spacer in and out and use an acorn lug nut on the wheel stud and MAC lug nut on the spacer stud?

Found a great deal on some XD Wheels - just want to make sure I can make it work before pulling the trigger.

TIA

Ricky

#18 ·
Bump this up. Any updates? “It appears as though there are aftermarket spacers that go 12MM into the spacer and 14MM studs on the way out, and then go with the MAC lug nuts.”
I cannot find said spacer. Any leads? Looking to put some XD pro-4x wheels on my regular titan.

#22 ·
Hi, I know this post is old but wondered if you had the part number for the hubcentric adapters? I have an 06 titan and bought 2018 XD wheels. Even with new tires and the mag seat lugs I get a horrible wobble. Rims balance fine. Entire truck shakes between 45 and 65 like an earthquake. I already have 1/4 spacers from factory installed 22"s on the front so the calipers clear fine. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#24 ·
Hi, I buy the XD rims just like the ones you have but my nissan is a 06 Nissan LE, i have the 1” spacers but need the right lug nuts for the front tires. The back are ok but the front vibrates after 20 mph, can you please help me? Where can I buy the right lug nuts and wish ones do I need? Ty

#25 ·
I had the same issue until I bought the spacer adapters from motorsports tech. They come with 4 adapters that convert from 12/125 to 14/150 including the lugs neede to mount the adapter to the hubs without the need to cut the factory studs and that solved the wobble problem.
Call Lenny Stahl is the owner 751-351-1000.
For lugs to fit the rims to the adapters I bought black lugs from ebay see the last picture.

Attachments

#29 ·
Hello fellow Titan owners, glad I found you guys and this discussion. Okay, here I go... I have a 2008 Titan. Bought some 2019 Titan XD 20" wheels w/ no lug nuts. Tried to install them and that's where my headache begin. I have read through this entire post from beginning to end and I have a question for the community.

What do you guys recommend?? I have a 24 PC brand new 12x1.25 MAG/ Flat with washer lug nuts I ordered. I have yet to order the Hubcentric adapters, this is where I am torn in between. The original post person, says he used 1" hubcentric 12x 1.25 to 12x 1.25 and the Flat part of the lug nut holds the wheel in place good. Tight and no problems up to 500 miles and no more feedback. BUT, later down the thread I see someone mentioned getting an adapter that bolts to my original 12x1.25 but the lugs the wheel will sit on are 14x 1.50. Which makes sense. But I already have the 24pc 12x1.25 nuts and I can't return them.
Now, I have been contacting different sellers and they are offering me a 1.5" hubcentric adapters for Chevy and GMC and at first, they tell me it bolts right up to my 12x1.25 with an open ended acorn style nut, and it Clearly shows the 14x1.50 stud where my wheel will sit, (Great I think) BUT after asking the seller, more specifically if the hole on the adapters is 12x1.25 or 14x1.50 he tells me, they don't sell those, that it's 14x1.50 to 14x1.50 studs. Will the 12x1.25 open ended acorn will hold them in place nice and torqued? (The adapters to my original 12x1.25 lugs)

I don't want my front wheels to fly out.

Another question, the original poster, his could have worked, because the wheel sits on the hubcentric lip correct? All the weight? And the 12x1.25 MAG lug nuts washer holds them tight in place? HELP. Thank you All

#30 ·
Has everything worked good so far? No wobble? I'm in the same situation. Thank you
Looking at doing this same thing - quick question and following up on 54warrior's post. It appears as though there are aftermarket spacers that go 12MM into the spacer and 14MM studs on the way out, and then go with the MAC lug nuts. Wouldn't that be the best way to go?

Or go with a standard 14MM spacer in and out and use an acorn lug nut on the wheel stud and MAC lug nut on the spacer stud?

Found a great deal on some XD Wheels - just want to make sure I can make it work before pulling the trigger.

TIA

Ricky
If I go with a 14 spacer in and out, will my open ended acorn 12x1.25 hold it down in place tightly and secure on my 08 Titan?? This is where I'm stuck. Thank you

TIA

Ricky
If I go with a 14 in n out 1" spacer, will my open ended acorn style nut hold them (adapters) down safely n tight on my 08 Titan 12x1.25 lugs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.