Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High group been a while but here I am,

I've installed one of those trailer light convertor boxes like the type you get from U-haul that allows trailers to be wired up to trucks like ours that have the separate brake/turn signals. I wired it straight to the wires at the indicator lights themselves just upstream on the harness. I also have one of those LED light bars mounted under the tailgate above the bumper for some extra visibility. This LED bar is hooked into my 4 pin and works great, when I'm ready to tow my motorcycle trailer I pull the light bar off the 4 pin and hook up the trailer, here is the problem. When I use the signals with the trailer I get a blink or two and then they stop, I have cut the ground on the trailer and this seemed to help but now it seems intermittent mostly depending on weather the trailer is making good ground with the truck, good ground with the truck seems to produce a nonfunctional result because when the trailer is under its own support not on the hitch the lights work flawlessly. Could it be that I need a flasher relay with more [email protected]!!s? Any help would be appreciated. BTW all the other lights seem to work, brake and running.

Joe
Houston
2005 XE

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Can someone jump in and tell me if the XE has any trailer connections built into the harness that runs to the rear of the truck?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like this topic is being overlooked altogether. I'm sure someone here knows the asnswers to these questions.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You got me on that one! Usually problems like that are due to a faulty ground. I once had similar problems where the flashers worked opposite one another and the ground was the problem. Sorry I couldn't help more. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts