Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions re: my factory XM Radio:

1) SOmtimes the display only displays 8 characters. Other times, I get the whole song title for instance. But sometimes I only get the first 8 characters. I suspect it's due to XM and not a hardware problem, but thought I would check before I complain to the dealer.

2) Does anyone know of a roof mount antenna that has the appropriate plug to fit the factory XM tuner? An aftermarket magnet mount antennae won't work. And my XM signal SUCKS with the factory glass mount antenna.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
can't help with the antenna, but from what I have seen on here and elsewhere the display is not an XM deal. The factory radio can only do so much. I use the XM Commander and have all three lines. I also have the rooftop puck. Might have to switch to sweeten the deal for yourself.

·
Registered
396 Posts
wmshay6 said:
I have two questions re: my factory XM Radio:

1) SOmtimes the display only displays 8 characters. Other times, I get the whole song title for instance. But sometimes I only get the first 8 characters. I suspect it's due to XM and not a hardware problem, but thought I would check before I complain to the dealer.

2) Does anyone know of a roof mount antenna that has the appropriate plug to fit the factory XM tuner? An aftermarket magnet mount antennae won't work. And my XM signal SUCKS with the factory glass mount antenna.
I just picked up an OEM XM yesterday (8-18-07). They now have a magnetite antenna mount and a tiny glass mount. I got the glass mount myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts