Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm going for the Hard Drive MP3 player myself. I already
have several thousand MP3's and this way I can listen to what I want to. Even with the Satellite Radio which costs the same as the MP3 player you still have to listen to their playlist. They do cost about the same $400.
The service Tech at the dealer said that all Titan have the pre-wire Harness fir the Satellite Radio. In fact the factory sent him several receivers to install. The idea being that they were going to install in about half of the Titan's on the lot but he sent them back. He didn't think that many people would want to buy them already installed raising the price of the truck
over $450.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Deepwater said:
bestatchess....
? With the MP3 player's. In your opinion which brand is good. And what do you recommend. Thanks for your input and info! :)
I have a NEO 25 II with a 40 Gig Hard Drive as shown here:

http://hardware.dmusic.com/details.php?id=168 and

http://www.ssiamerica.com/products/neojukebox/

I like it because it uses a regular laptop hard drive that you can change yourself.

Alot of people like IPOD

http://www.apple.com/ipod/

and RIO Karma

http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=220&cat=53

I have a friend with an IPOD, it is real nice and small, but the buttons were not intuitive for me, but maybe if I had read the manual.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I would highly recommend the Rio Karma as well. You can actually get a 20GB unit for around $250 online. It has a great interface that is very easy to learn . I have yet to look at the manual, and I've had it since X-mas! The ipod is good as well, but they are a bit overpriced and the interface is not as good IMO. The only downfall of the Karma is that there aren't nearly as many accessoried as there are for the ipod. But all you will need for your Titan in a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord :teethmast

http://www.computers4sure.com/product.asp?productid=1798314&affid=933

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am not as deep in the pockets as our friends that bought the CC LE's with DVD System. So I bought a portable DVD Player to plug in. Today a picked a mini plug cord and hooked it between the headphone jack and the Aux jack
in the Dash and now it cranks!!! The player only has these micro speakers which are just loud enough if nobody's talking. This also proved to me that a Disk Drive MP3 player would be a good choice for me as well.
:) :) :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just installed XM satellite radio on my LE without the SAT button on the radio. It is pretty staight forward, did it myself. Took about 2 hours. If you have the N-BUS pigtail clipped next to the amp, your radio is already "pre-wired". The sound is awesome, blows away CDs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
greasy said:
I just installed XM satellite radio on my LE without the SAT button on the radio. It is pretty staight forward, did it myself. Took about 2 hours. If you have the N-BUS pigtail clipped next to the amp, your radio is already "pre-wired". The sound is awesome, blows away CDs.
Any hints or tips? How hard was removing the gas pedal and CPU? How does the antenna look on the window? Could you take a couple pics of it?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"The sound is awesome, blows away CDs."

Let's not get carried away. I have listened extensively to XM Radio, and it is good, but it doesn't "blow CDs away." If you look at the XM radio web site, they do not even make this outlandish claim. They assert "sound quality remarkably close to Compact Disc."

First of all, since CDs contain the same digital audio source as is played on XMradio, for the signal quality from XM radio to match that from the CD, the transmission would have to be absolutely perfect. It is not possible for the quality of the transmission to exceed that of the source.

Next, if you are in an area surrounded by tall buildings, you might experience signal loss, depending on the location of the repeaters. Also, you will likely lose the signal in parking garages and tunnels. Depending on your location, this might be of minimal importance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The display shows XM and the channel number, no song title or artist. I ordered the kit with the roof mounted antenna and installed it throught the top mounted brake light/cargo lamp. All you have to do is remove the 3 nuts holding the accelerator unit to firewall, set it aside without disconnecting wires and remove the amplifier bracket out of the truck. Install the XM tuner on the amplifier bracket and then the whole thing back on the truck. Pretty easy and straight forward. :boxing:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Factory Now Installs Xm Radio In Titans

bvstone1 said:
And that's the easy part. :) I am going to buy a different low profile antenna for the roof to see if I like that better. There's normally super easy access to the inside right through the third tail light.
I ORDERED MY FULLY LOADED TITAN CREW CAB CEW CAB LE IN RADIANT SILVER WITH GRAPHITE / TITANIUM ON MARCH 5.
THE FACTORY CALLED ME AND ASKED IF I WANTED COPPER AND I SAID NO THANKS I WANTED SILVER AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE INSTALLING THE XM RADIO FOR ME WITH THE BUGGUARD AND SPLASHGUARDS AS WELL.
IT WAS $400 FOR THE XM RADIO AND $439 IF THE DEALER HAD INSTALLED IT.
ETA IS IN APRIL 2004. MSRP WAS $36,760. i GOT IT FOR $33,010.00 NO TRADE AND 4% / 72 MONTHS.
THE LE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PREWIRED FOR THE XM
THIS IS MY SECOND XM RADIO
I HAD A SONY IN MY 1995 NISSAN KINGCAB AND THE OTHER IN MY 2003 MONTE ARLO PACE CAR FROM THE FACTORY WHICH WAS MUCH NICER.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts