Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I tried searching briefly but found nothing similar to my case or experience.

Here goes, I have the XM/SAT antenna on the roof of my titan however on the actualy radio, faceplate I have no SAT buttom and if I use the MODE buttom on the steering wheel it goes from FM,AM,AUX,CD... no XM well today I was cleaning my T and while playing with the back seat controls I began pressing that MODE button and it went to XM, I was listening to those commercials from the one channel when you have no subcrisption, well since I had an XM radio before I got the Radio ID and got it, now I can listen to all channels but had to set the 1-6 for one of the XM channels or else I loose the option and need to go to the back seat to get XM being that I cant do it from the drivers seat.

Has anyone else seen this? is there a way to choose the sat radio from the faceplate..

by the way I do not have a SAT buttom, I have an 2008 SE CC LWB.

my only options on the radio is FM-AM, CD-DVD, AUX and rear cont off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just select the FM button and to scroll through the FM1, FM2, and SAT should be your next option.

I added the SAT tuner after I purchased the truck and had the same issue with my 2008.5 truck.

FWIW, it was another member on here that provided the solution to me so I can't take the credit here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just select the FM button and to scroll through the FM1, FM2, and SAT should be your next option.

I added the SAT tuner after I purchased the truck and had the same issue with my 2008.5 truck.

FWIW, it was another member on here that provided the solution to me so I can't take the credit here.
Thanks dnfab, from the streering controls and radio I can only go FM1,FM2,FM3,CD,AUX and back. I dont have the option to go to SAT. however from the rear controls by pressing the MODE, I can go FM1,FM2,FM3,CD,AUX,XM.

I have not added a SAT tuner or anything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is it the factory (color-matched) antenna or an aftermarket one? I installed a portable XM radio in my Armada with an external antenna. I ran it through the AUX input to the Nissan radio.

If you do have a factory antenna and you bought it used, it's also possible someone took out the XM module prior to trading it (or the dealer did). Look above the gas pedal for the module.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the factory (color-matched) antenna or an aftermarket one? I installed a portable XM radio in my Armada with an external antenna. I ran it through the AUX input to the Nissan radio.

If you do have a factory antenna and you bought it used, it's also possible someone took out the XM module prior to trading it (or the dealer did). Look above the gas pedal for the module.
It is factory color match antenna, I did buy it used. I'll take a look as soon as I can. another question, what does the module do excatly? I just found that by adding a station on XM from my presets I can scroll thru channels and listen to anything I want.

Thanks! yokel!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Delfran,

On the Head Unit, not the steering controls. Mine doesn't work from the steering controls either, only by selecting the FM button on the Head Unit to scroll through the FM1, FM2, and SAT.

The module that Yoke mentions is the satellite radio tuner. You need it to decode the sat signals from the sat antenna.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Confirming that on my 08 with factory XM (color matched antenna on the roof over the driver's head) I couldn't use steering wheel controls either, had to use the FM button on the faceplate. Stupid design and if I actually subscribed to XM and was keeping the factory HU I'd probably be peeved over it, but what can you do I guess.

He has to have it, he mentioned he got it working from the back seat controls. He probably just didn't know he needed to scroll to it via the FM button on the faceplate. Not that it's his fault for not knowing; sometimes I just don't get what Nissan is thinking.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I see now...I didn't read clearly enough the first time. As others have said, you do have the tuner since you can receive the signals. You have to use the FM button to scroll through. I agree...silly design. I guess they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings if they didn't subscibe?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I see now...I didn't read clearly enough the first time. As others have said, you do have the tuner since you can receive the signals. You have to use the FM button to scroll through. I agree...silly design. I guess they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings if they didn't subscibe?
I bet you are right. They probably figured the number of people who actually subscribe (in fact I am sure they know exactly) is much lower than those who don't, and the latter group doesn't like having a SAT button or whatever they are never going to use.

Which doesn't explain why my stock RF HU has a "DVD" button when I have no DVD so I'm back to just not understanding Nissan. I am sure somewhere, buried in layers of corporate red tape, there's a marketing guy there who has the answer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys, yeah it has to be one of these Nissan things, and from the actual radio on the FM button I cannot get the SAT button, as ixian said only some marketing huy knows why I was only able to find it thru the rear controls. I actually like the $6.99 a month package being that in Cali I drive up the mountain every so often and get bored of the same CD's and driving to San Diego or Santa Barbara I must look for new statios. its a nice add on to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts