Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 2008's come with a free trial of XM radio?

·
Registered
120 Posts
On the '08's there's the 90 day trial. I would assume the same on the 08.5's.
so far I haven't found anything worth $10 a month on it. there's even still commercials. wtf? I thought that's was the point of sat radio.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Fat Possum said:
so far I haven't found anything worth $10 a month on it. there's even still commercials. wtf? I thought that's was the point of sat radio.
Thats why I want sirius. I have it on my dish network and its great. We have xm in the audi and I dont care for it. The only time it is useful is when traveling long distance, it saves the time searching for new stations in each town you drive through.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
90 days? Lame. The Dodge came with a free year. :D Suckahs!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats weird. The dealership told me that I didn't get any trial and that I had to activate it myself.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I got 3 months with my new 08. I'm just waiting to see how long it really stays on for free since it was already on when my dealer picked it up in LI. I had XM and Sirius together for a while and they both have the same type of programming. XM has O&A, Sirius has Stern. Only the talk stations have commercials ( I think a few crap stations did also). The music stations are very similar between the two. But, I wouldn't worry. When XM and Sirius merge, as it looks like they'll be able to do now, we should get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are not missing much. I got 90 days free trial with my 08 CC. I am not impressed and I don't think I will be signing up. They want 12.95 per month to listen to commercials. Between my Ipod and radio, I am set.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They should skip the SAT all together and have the hard wired MP3 players option, the aux jack freakin sucks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ya, I am not impressed with XM either. I had Sirius in my Maxima and I loved it. The should be merging eventually, so I am holding out to see when they merge and if not soon I will get a sirius receiver installed. I got mine with a free 90 day trial.

·
Registered
56 Posts
90 days on mine, but like someone else said, it was already running during my test drive. I like it just for the simple fact I do a lot of out of state traveling. Other than that im fine with the radio.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The R/F has either option. When I bought my '06, they gave a 3 month trial of either one, but only one. You had to pick which one you wanted. I chose Sirius and liked it. I just never kept the subscription going....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
The R/F has either option. When I bought my '06, they gave a 3 month trial of either one, but only one. You had to pick which one you wanted. I chose Sirius and liked it. I just never kept the subscription going....
That's nice. For 08 you have the option too.....XM, or XM. So I chose...the XM. :jester:
I do have to say that with well over 200 channels, I still manage only to listen to 3 or 4 of them. But seeing as Nissan FM in these trucks still fades in and out of mono/stereo, I can't be without my XM. Besides, and I know I know...stern fans will hate, I have to have my Opie & Anthony! I'm still waiting for the merger so I can switch back and forth from O&A to Stern!

·
Registered
419 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
But seeing as Nissan FM in these trucks still fades in and out of mono/stereo,
So that is common? I thought maybe mine was screwin' up on me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts