Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, Yellowmantis was my first customer and I just finished/ installed his lights this afternoon, check em out! =)

Now I'm going to offer this service as soon as I get everything set up...basically you ship me your headlights and within a few days they'll be back on your doorstep finished and ready to go! =) Sound like a good idea?

-Ry:coolsmile

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I'm interested my man! How much you going to charge sir?

·
Registered
16,113 Posts
wow you did a good job! how much are you lookin to charge? it sounds like a great way to make some extra cash! how are things goin with starting your business?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I want..... How much?

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Me too..but I got to get some used ones first. You did very nice job there Rybo.

L

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested my man! How much you going to charge sir?
Alright here's what I'm thinking...$125 for the basic (exactly as Yellow's is in the pics) and if you want the reflectors VHT-ed its an extra $5...basically my cost for materials, and if you want a custom color it depends on how/what you want done, I'll need to figure that out asap for an easy pricing set...the cheapest set I found on ebay was 164 not including shipping...so you ship me your lights, and depending if you want generic or custom, they can be sent back next day or within 3-4 days...quick and easy...Pay for shipping to me, I do all labor, and then depending on shipping back I'll probably have the customer pay for that too...but I'd like to get imput to see what sounds fair:teethmast

wow you did a good job! how much are you lookin to charge? it sounds like a great way to make some extra cash! how are things goin with starting your business?
Thanks man, and my whole intention is to get another bank account set up so this will pay for the Titan project (Full pre-runner and staple vehicle for the company) so we'l see!

I want..... How much?
Read above =)

Me too..but I got to get some used ones first. You did very nice job there Rybo.

L
Thanks buddy, Mantis absolutely loved it he looked like a kid on Christmas morning =) I love seeing that!:coolsmile

·
Registered
297 Posts
turned out awesome as usual. just a suggestion Rybo- how bout u buy a set of lights, just regular ones, and once you have a customer that wants their lights done, you send them your set of lights, and they send theirs to get painted. then their truck doesnt have any downtime. and once you ship their lights back, they send your lights back. its just an idea. it could end up being kindof costly...but it might bring in more business who knows.

Reactions: Tmoses and mobspade

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
The lights came out BAD @ss.... The wife thought I completely blacked them out too. She had to take a second look to see they were still 100% functional.

Thanks again man!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yellowmantis / RyBo - Is there any noticable difference in light output when driving at night since modifying the headlights?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rybo....buy a set of lights. Paint them up. When someone wants you to do this mod you charge them $175 and send them your lights. When they get them they swap them out and send you back thier lights. when you get them and they are in good shape you refund them $50. That way no down time, you get your money and a new set of light to paint. and if they dont return thier light you get the $50 and they get tagged as a looser on here. You could buy 2 sets and have one with unshaded markers and one with shaded markers.

How about a full size pick of the headlights in you avatar???? :redblob"

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Good job bro. Just do it how I mentioned and you'll do fine. I want mine done soon.

Basically, what I suggested to Ry was have a painted inner housing ready for swap. Since the condition of the clear lens will be different for everyone, the customer will get his clear lens back with the painted inner housing. This won't be the fastest turn around but it will be fair for everyone. IE. It won't be fair for a guy turning in 07 clear lenses to receive 04 clear lenses from the previous customer.

BTW Looks great Yellowmantis!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Good stuff bro. I think i might have to send you mine. I was drying my lights after the headlight mod in the sun in my driveway and forgot. I ran over one of them :(.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have been waiting for someone to begin doing this and I am interested as well. I would have to agree with some of the previous posts suggesting you set up an exchange system with a core charge. It would really speed things up. There are a lot of folks that can't afford a second set of lights. To send you theirs could take an only vehicle out of service for several days to a week. I will send you a PM shortly and see if we can set something up.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Nice melons..... :banasex0r I love them in fishnets....

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
i'll be pulling apart my extra set of headlight next weekend and giving it a go. Gonna pull them apart on saturday, paint them, let them dry overnight then pull the headlights off my truck and put the painted pieces in.

I have 2 extra passenger side lights with tabs broken off (perfect to practice on) and i'll be getting a drivers side headlight mid-week.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Great Job!! I just took off my 05 Modded headlights for Modded 08 headlights!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Damn that looks pretty sick, now all mantis needs to do is ditch that chrome bumper and go for a red one
Don't worry, all the rest of the chrome will be gone once I finish tooling up.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts