Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've read all one million threads about exhaust upgrades on TT and I've narrowed it down to two. I am torn between the Volant and the Gibson. My biggest dilema is that I am unsure which one I want because I've heard alot about the different diameter tubing and the effects it has on low-end torque. Volant is a 3" and Gibson is a 2.5". With that said, which exhaust would be good for someone who needs that low-end torque because he tows and hauls alot? Are these two my best options? P.S.- I don't want an abnoxiously loud system because I do a lot of road trips and 6 hours of drone is not something I want.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
07TitanLE said:
Well, I've read all one million threads about exhaust upgrades on TT and I've narrowed it down to two. I am torn between the Volant and the Gibson. My biggest dilema is that I am unsure which one I want because I've heard alot about the different diameter tubing and the effects it has on low-end torque. Volant is a 3" and Gibson is a 2.5". With that said, which exhaust would be good for someone who needs that low-end torque because he tows and hauls alot? Are these two my best options? P.S.- I don't want an abnoxiously loud system because I do a lot of road trips and 6 hours of drone is not something I want.
Smaller diameter proven time and time again. Go with the 2.5

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Gibson dual extreme and love it. Nice sound, no noticable drone, and still tows the boat with no problem (no torque loss that I can tell).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrgrim420 said:
I have the Gibson dual extreme and love it. Nice sound, no noticable drone, and still tows the boat with no problem (no torque loss that I can tell).
Do you think there will be a power difference between the dual-rear exit and the single side swept? I like the "stock-like" look of the stainless single side swept. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
07TitanLE said:
Do you think there will be a power difference between the dual-rear exit and the single side swept? I like the "stock-like" look of the stainless single side swept. Thanks.
Not to sure if there would be a power difference, but if you get the dual extreme from Gibson, they come out the sides not the back and it looks pretty sweet. (much better for towing that way all your exhaust isn't being blown on whatever you tow)

·
Registered
197 Posts
its been proven on vehicles that a single in single out produces more torque. HP is gained by running true duals but robs torque. A single inlet dual outlet just loses torque with the same HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts