Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new tech12volt box today loaded with 2 Memphis MCs and powered by a Sundown 100.2 amp. The timing was perfect as I have been working for the past 4 nights getting the rest of my audio equipment installed. My whole system includes:
Alpine CDA-9857 headunit
Phoenix Gold R8.0:4 800w 4/2 channel amp
MB Quart PCE216 comps for front doors
MB Quart DKF116s for rear doors
1.5 Farad Cap
I just now got everything installed and it sounds great, especially that box. It will take me a few days to tune everything in like I want but that tech12volt box sounds incredible and build quality of it is like I have never seen in a sub box. Well worth the money!
Thanks James!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sweet man!

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Thanks man . glad you like it and thats one bad *** amp . way underrated.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tech12volt said:
Thanks man . glad you like it and thats one bad *** amp . way underrated.
Agreed. I was a little worried that it might be a little underpowered but luckily I trusted you. The bass hits hard. I just got to work, its a 1.5 hour drive and I'm even more impressed now than I was last night. No tuning needed, it sounds great. For anyone 1/2 way contemplating putting subs in, don't even think about buying elsewhere.
I'll try to get some pics in a few days. I finished the install at about 1 am this morning.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
Agreed. I was a little worried that it might be a little underpowered but luckily I trusted you. The bass hits hard. I just got to work, its a 1.5 hour drive and I'm even more impressed now than I was last night. No tuning needed, it sounds great. For anyone 1/2 way contemplating putting subs in, don't even think about buying elsewhere.
I'll try to get some pics in a few days. I finished the install at about 1 am this morning.

i tried alot of amps before i came up with this package that everyone could afford. And it sound just good as stuff that cost twice as much.
:redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob" :redblob"

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hey James, have you bench tested any of the Sundown amps to see what the actual output was?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no doubt the Sundowns put out some good power for subs but what is the sound quality like for use on highs? I'm almost wishing I would have gotten the 100.4 instead of the Pheonix Gold R8.4.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
There is no doubt the Sundowns put out some good power for subs but what is the sound quality like for use on highs? I'm almost wishing I would have gotten the 100.4 instead of the Pheonix Gold R8.4.
You could always sell the Phoenix! haha

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
If James told you the actual output vs amp draw on Sundown amps you would never believe him anyway.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Why wouldnt we... he has never lied to us before? :)

I know that the Sundown amps are supposed to be very efficient and underrated.

·
Registered
596 Posts
well when i win the amp givaway i will tell you guys whats up. i runnit for a while then compaire it with my memphis amp. can a bench test be done with a multimeter?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
NO WAY MAN, I'm a James customer from way back and I havent won anything yet!

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
t22a80 said:
NO WAY MAN, I'm a James customer from way back and I havent won anything yet!
well i have tested the sundown in my car on highs. i have adcom amps in it which i when i got them they were had made for my set up and would cost atleast a 1000 dollars an amp. and the sundown sounded almost as good on my dynaudios. they are comparable to any of the high dollar amps. the owner hand choose all of the parts and spec and did not lie about them like most companies do. 100.2 has been benched at wellover its output rating. i do not have actual numbers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts