Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2008 Pro 4x(used) about 3 weeks ago. Love it so far. put the 4x4 to good use already last friday. Had a 6:15am flight to Vegas from Denver and woke up about 2:30am with 4" of snow. The depth wasnt a problem, heck my honda could have done it.. but it was nice knowing I could take the interstate at 65(before the plows were out) and not worry.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hello, and I appriciate all the info you guys provide. I did quite a bit of research before deciding on the truck I wanted(2008 Pro 4x Mystic Blue, 37,000miles) The choice was between a Tundra and Titan when it came down to it, and the same year, miles, etc.. pretty much came down to the fact that the titan was very fun to drive(as was the tundra), but at 8K less out the door. No regrets.

Now like everyone else who posts after getting one, I will probably do something with the exhaust(thinking just a muffler swap because I want some grunt with the WOT, but no drone at all)... and also thinking of a CAI.. possibily Volant or S&B... still need to research that a bit more. Trying to spend under a grand for my enhancements.

any advise you guys have would be awesome, but dont worry, you guys seem to have to answer exhaust and CAI questions daily... tons of info on here, I just need to make up my mind.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome from another CO newbie!! Picked up my new 2010 PRO-4X a little over 4 weeks ago and sure am enjoying it. Another option on the CAI is the modified OEM box. Doesn't cost you anything unless you decide to drop a K&N in there and even then it's only a ~$45 mod. That was one of the first mods I did to my truck, and I "think" I can tell a difference!!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
you can get your muffler work done for less than 200 or 300 (bullet with a resonated tip seems to be a fav). find a used air intake on here for 200, leaves you plenty of space for extra mods to keep you under a grand :) Welcome!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats and Welcome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get your muffler work done for less than 200 or 300 (bullet with a resonated tip seems to be a fav). find a used air intake on here for 200, leaves you plenty of space for extra mods to keep you under a grand :) Welcome!
Thanks for the info, I will check out the exhaust idea. I like that idea

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

I had a local shop bend and weld their own pipe and put a MagnaFlow 22" dual in dual out on, I think if was about $300. I also out on a InSys USA CAI I found on Ebay for $77.

Love them both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome and enjoy.

I had a local shop bend and weld their own pipe and put a MagnaFlow 22" dual in dual out on, I think if was about $300. I also out on a InSys USA CAI I found on Ebay for $77.

Love them both.
good ideas, keep em coming thanks!... I think im just going to have to go into my local place(Windsor Performance Muffler and Automotive) and ask them about

1.a straight up muffler swap with a resonator
2. the dynomax bullets with a resonator idea
and 3... making the dual in 1 out, into a 2 in 2 out with 2 magnaflow (22"?) mufflers.

and see what the quotes are and if he has any idea on what would sound best for the $$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts