Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chevy with 4 bolt mains can't compete with Nissan's 6 bolt mains.

This is just one of many gearhead advantages that the ALL new Nissan Titan offers.

How many more can you think of???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Dual overhead cam Endurance engine with gobs of torque and a 6500 rpm redline... :huh: :teethmast
5 spd Automatic transmission
Active Brake Limited Slip
Electronic Locking Rear Differential
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
new-nissansDOTcom said:
Chevy with 4 bolt mains can't compete with Nissan's 6 bolt mains.

This is just one of many gearhead advantages that the ALL new Nissan Titan offers.

How many more can you think of???
actually the titan has 4 bolt mains also, still STRONG as heck. :gunz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Didn't start burning oil and smoking at 4000 mi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
bighawaii said:
actually the titan has 4 bolt mains also, still STRONG as heck. :gunz:
No, the Titan has 6 bolt mains (or I would accuse them of false advertising)


• Standard Nissan Endurance 5.6-liter DOHC V8 producing over 300 horsepower and more than 375 lb-ft of torque
• Aluminum block with cast iron cylinder liners, forged steel crankshaft, microfinished crankshaft and camshaft, molybdenum-coated pistons, 6-bolt main bearing caps, Super Silent single-stage timing chain)
• Standard 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with tow/haul modes for enhanced fuel economy and towing capacity
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
i see, 2 side bolts also. oh the potential.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
bighawaii said:
i see, 2 side bolts also. oh the potential.....
Yeah, New technology...Jaguar has had 6 bolt caps for 30 years in their aluminum block, and if it makes my Endurance engine stronger, then I am all for it. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
they help to eliminate cap walk quite a bit. my little ol 1UZFE which is a dohc v-8 (aluminum block and heads) with only 4l in my lexus utilized 6 bolt mains...it also utilized 2 t3/t4 turbos running 16 psi of boost and gave most the muscle cars on my block a run fer their money. :teethmast in our trucks besides the 4 bolts on top of the cap there are 2 (cross or side) bolts that bolt into the side of our block horizontally then into the main caps. Endurance rocks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
bighawaii said:
they help to eliminate cap walk quite a bit. my little ol 1UZFE which is a dohc v-8 (aluminum block and heads) with only 4l in my lexus utilized 6 bolt mains...it also utilized 2 t3/t4 turbos running 16 psi of boost and gave most the muscle cars on my block a run fer their money. :teethmast in our trucks besides the 4 bolts on top of the cap there are 2 (cross or side) bolts that bolt into the side of our block horizontally then into the main caps. Endurance rocks!!!
Yes, it does...fun to drive and lots of torque when you need it.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top