Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REMINDER....9 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.........YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.
It takes about 20 seconds

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I did this about a month ago! It's well worth the time it will take! I had it on my home phone a couple years ago when I had a home phone. The calls seriously reduced. Not completely, but a lot! Thanks tech!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good07SE said:
Yeah, ever since getting some emails on weird little tricks and what not I always try to investigate things. For what it's worth to everyone I found this: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
yes i read that as well. buT i have already started getting text messages and phone calls from some telemarketers. I actually had to block text messages all together it was getting so bad.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
wierd. a few of my buddies work at a nearby telemarketing office and by what they say, they don't have a list of "to call" and "do not call" numbers. they just simply use a machine that mixes up random numbers to connect to people in the US and it dials away for them. i realize that they're not supposed to use automated machines but apparently no one pays enough attention to the regulation of telemarketing. i've never registered with that site and i must have gotten 3 marketing calls in the past 2 years. pretty good huh?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
oh yeah, and another thing. that email that everyone gets is just a big hype that people start. it even states that at the real place you're supposed to register.
http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a company policy VerizonWireless will never give your number to telemarketers. As an employee I know this to be true.

Now, if you give your cell number to someone else who does then you are SOL whether you sign up for the do not call or not. For instance if you order something online and give your cell# as part of your contact info.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
JeffB said:
As a company policy VerizonWireless will never give your number to telemarketers. As an employee I know this to be true.

Now, if you give your cell number to someone else who does then you are SOL whether you sign up for the do not call or not. For instance if you order something online and give your cell# as part of your contact info.
don't you hate that $hit? i was going to purchase something off of amazon once but before they could give me a total, they asked for all the basic nonsense, name email phone# etc. but what ticked me off was the next page asked for my card # and info before i even got a total to see how much the item was!

and btw, https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx and http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall are the same thing if thats what the extra link was implying musky.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts
And IIRC, the telemarketing companies don't have to update their records but on a quarterly basis. That means it could take some time before you notice a significant decrease in your calls. But it does happen. A couple of years ago I put all my numbers on that DNC list. It does work.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
BobNYC said:
You're a little late to the party...

Good07SE said:
Yeah, ever since getting some emails on weird little tricks and what not I always try to investigate things. For what it's worth to everyone I found this: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
But thanks for the info. Maybe there will be others who don't read the thread before posting... :D

As there is no time limit, it doesn't diminish the fact that this service exists and is a good idea, regardless of timing or non-timing issues.

·
Registered
330 Posts
JeffB said:

Gotta agree with you there. I work for Sprint Nextel, and we cannot divulge any customer information to someone else, but if you use your cell phone number as your primary number to be contacted on....well...then your chances of being called are then higher.

My thinking is that cell phone numbers themselves have changed less than they have in the past since WLNP availability has been mandatory since either 04 or 05, but even with that number changes on cell phones are still more frequently changed than landline numbers. People should take comfort in that because the chances of even receiving a telemarketing call would be much lower having a new number.

·
Registered
72 Posts
JeffB said:

Another Verizon Wireless employee here.

Above posted is correct. For christ sakes it is actually against company policy to contact a customer via their cell phones when we are conducting certain sales calls and they are our own customers.

Also if i am not mistaken for James sake, it is illegal right now for marketing calls to your cellular phone unless you have previously authorized contact.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts