Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2008 quad cab. I'm wanting to put exhaust and superchip's flashpaq on. I will dump the exhaust for cosmetic reasons... thinking of a magnaflow 18' dual in dual out muffler and dumping 12 inches from muffler... does anyone have experience with the setup? If so what could I expect? I'm kinda a noob to trucks in general.. was a Subaru Guy until my Titan rolled up. Any help would be appreciated...

Clay

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
dumping usually makes the exhaust a little louder, although I'm not exactly sure how loud that muffler will be since I've never had one. There are plenty of video's on youtube of titans with the maggy 18".

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Basically any exhaust setup that is dumped will be loud. You may have to get a resonated tip to get rid of the CIS (Card in Spokes) sound. The superchips will really set your truck off. To complete the setup, I'd also recommend getting a CAI as well.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Premium Member
20,597 Posts
The resonated tip doesn't help much (at least not with mine) with the card in spokes sound. It did help quite a bit with the drone after I put on the 18" Magnaflow (dual in, single out).

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The resonated tip doesn't help much (at least not with mine) with the card in spokes sound. It did help quite a bit with the drone after I put on the 18" Magnaflow (dual in, single out).
ditto, my tip didn't help my exhaust setup that much... in fact I'm still toying with the idea of going back to having mine dumped cause it sounded so much better. That or to buy the Banks but I dont have that kind of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I'm not wanting too obnoxious loud, but then again...anything is better than stock. If I got say a 22" muffler, would that make the sound more deep but not not as raspy/Joe dirt sounding?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I have the 18" maggy dumped and im looking to change that. It sounded good before the headers but now that the long tubes are on, it drones a lot and has the CIS sound. I will be switching to something with more of a "hollow" sound like a flowmaster or the like.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Hey mike what size pipe are you running? And is your stuff welded on? We could try putting my borla on at the meet :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
yeah everything is welded up so cant swap it.

Wonder what your exhaust would sound like on my truck with the headers tho!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
You can always let me borrow your LT's..... :D

Firefightintitan (TUGS Fiance) said it sounds like hell with headers... Supposedly those Borla XR1's are sick with headers

*Might* have my maggy y pipe in by the meet! Depends on if I can get into a shop haha

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the 18" maggy dumped and im looking to change that. It sounded good before the headers but now that the long tubes are on, it drones a lot and has the CIS sound.
I am having the same exact issue right now, had headers and Berk B-Pipes installed and now my 18" Maggy sounds like poo! It's so bad I avoid going WOT because it sounds ridiculous....not sure what to do about it yet.... suggestions are welcomed. Sorry to the OP for the threadjack.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hmmmm... So the Magge 18" sound's like poo now w/ header's & Berk's? What does it sound like? CIS? I know it changed the sound of my Bank's pretty drastically too!

I wonder if going to a 22" would help the sound?

·
Registered
220 Posts
^^^ You didn't hear it at OT? Gary kept making me rev it so we could laugh.....the CIS is terrible. I have the 24" MF Muffler/Tailpipe that came with the cat back when i originally bought it i could try putting that back on again but I dont think it will help because I had minor CIS issues with that exhaust too and that was before headers/b-pipes so I think I might have to try something else. I have to say I am pretty sick with how tempermental this truck is when it comes to exhaust if you don't get it just right it sounds like dung!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
No, i didn't get a chance to hear it @ OT. Let us know what muffler you decide to go with!

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Lol its firelife25 but your close enough =) lmao but the borla with headers is
AMAZINGGG like orgasmic lmfao.

You can always let me borrow your LT's..... :D

Firefightintitan (TUGS Fiance) said it sounds like hell with headers... Supposedly those Borla XR1's are sick with headers

*Might* have my maggy y pipe in by the meet! Depends on if I can get into a shop haha

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I remember reading on here a while back that due to our cylinder head design its hard to get away from the CIS sound. With any luck ill be able to put on a bullet and I will be running the exhaust out the back of the truck and dumping it right behind the corner of the bed where it meets the rear bumper.

Oh and tyler, borrowing the headers ain't gonna happen lol 6hrs of install for each truck.. no thanks lol. It would take us an hour to swap exhaust systems.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
^^^ I've got no CIS right now. Stock pipes to a single 2.5" bullet... My last borla didn't have it either. I think with headers its inevitable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am having the same exact issue right now, had headers and Berk B-Pipes installed and now my 18" Maggy sounds like poo! It's so bad I avoid going WOT because it sounds ridiculous....not sure what to do about it yet.... suggestions are welcomed. Sorry to the OP for the threadjack.
It's all good brotha! Opinions are what i wanted. It's exactly what I got! I'm justting back and soaking all the info in. This is all new to me. I'm used to AWD and boxer motors. Used to just slap a bigger turbo and and full exhaust on, PROBLEMS SOLVED! lol. Wish my Titan was as easy.. there are so many more combinations with completely different results. Its extremely nerve racking/fun... but more addictive than chrystal meth. Haha.

Whatever :kiss: what happened to the op? he hasnt even resonded... lol
I did! Wayy back at the start. My EVO is my home computer for the moment, FML... lol. I blame my money pit.. (aka Truck). Ill be creeping around, and staying updated. Just a ***** to respond.. thanks for all the info guys. Keep it coming please!

Clay

1 - 20 of 31 Posts