Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
There is a disinfectant that is sprayed into the fresh air intake outside at the bottom of the windshield. Call your dealer and ask what it is, they use it there.
The moisture left in the ducts after using the A/C creates bacteria and mold and that gives you the odor.

Clint

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
I don't know if it is still the case, but the 04 and 05 KC don't come with the cabin filter unless the dealer put it in. CC are the only models that come with the filter, although all models have a place to install the filter.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I once read in an article in a Maxim magazine (I promise, just for articles :lick: ) about how to get back at a neighbor. One of the ways had to do with coaxing a cat to pee in the air vents.

I don't remember the gist of it, but maybe you have a neighbor mad at you. :poke:

·
Registered
805 Posts
BLBJBranch said:
I once read in an article in a Maxim magazine (I promise, just for articles :lick: ) about how to get back at a neighbor. One of the ways had to do with coaxing a cat to pee in the air vents.

I don't remember the gist of it, but maybe you have a neighbor mad at you. :poke:
LOL... i have a cat, and if theres anything about cats that they wont do, is getting coaxed into doing anything!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
phugoid said:
LOL... i have a cat, and if theres anything about cats that they wont do, is getting coaxed into doing anything!

I've heard of fox piss, doe piss, stuffing the insides of cattails in the vents and when they turn it on that $h1t blows everywhere inside the car.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
phugoid said:
Cats - they coax really well when you squeeze them. Works like a tube of tooth paste. Or maybe it is people piss. Set up a hidden camera to find out whose been pissin on your Nissan. LOL.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
konigfritz said:
I could be wrong, but I think all the titans come with the filter.
You would be wrong.

Usually filters come on the SE and LE models.
Some XE's have them, but those are dealer installed.
And yes, the smell can be those, or just stale air or dirt in the vents.

A good cleaning of all the air vents is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
159,628 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
bbomar said:
You would be wrong.

Usually filters come on the SE and LE models.
Some XE's have them, but those are dealer installed.
And yes, the smell can be those, or just stale air or dirt in the vents.

A good cleaning of all the air vents is the way to go.

how do you clean the air vents...i sort of have the same problem and usually hold the shop vac to every vent in the cab for a good amount of time...smell still doesnt go away though...

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
galaxycrew said:
how do you clean the air vents...i sort of have the same problem and usually hold the shop vac to every vent in the cab for a good amount of time...smell still doesnt go away though...

most car wash's in the area have air hoses that they shoot in duct to get all the sh!t out of the rest. I am not sure but think the dealer does something similiar. The Car wash at Prarie and Artesia does this for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If it's because of the moisture in there how are you supposed to run the a/c so it doesn't get that . I have new 07' so might as well start right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The odor you smell is mold/mildew build up on the evaporator.

First thing is to make sure the evaporator drain hose is clear allowing water to escape.

Second, if you keep your HVAC system on recirculate, change to fresh air. This will stop you from recirculating the ordor.

Third, there is a product call Frigi-Fresh that is specifically designed to eliminate the smell. The product is sprayed onto the evaporator via the outside intake.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clint said:
There is a disinfectant that is sprayed into the fresh air intake outside at the bottom of the windshield. Call your dealer and ask what it is, they use it there.
The moisture left in the ducts after using the A/C creates bacteria and mold and that gives you the odor.

Clint
at the acura dealer i work at we do this as well. try using ozium spray, the stuff we used to use was made by ultrashield, it was baby powder scented. spray lysol will also work. make sure that your a/c is on and is in fresh mode while your spraying down the fresh air intake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts