Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this exhaust on their titan, if so does it drone at cruising speeds.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ive had mine for about 10,000 and i absolutely love it....NO DRONE at any speed...powerful sounding and all ss now with a great price....if you get the zoomers you will be happy...i had five different exhaust before the zoomers and the zoomers was the best imo.....i had the banks ,jba, volant, flowmaster and gibson on before the zoomers...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Drone is very different from one person to the next, my Zoomers droned as badly or worse than the Banks system I replaced until I shorted the tailpipe about 2 feet.

I have found on this truck that the length of the pipe is the main contributor to drone in any exhaust system on the Titan, and by shortening the tailpipe 12-24 inches, the drone range is moved up in the rev range.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
got_titan said:
ive had mine for about 10,000 and i absolutely love it....NO DRONE at any speed...powerful sounding and all ss now with a great price....if you get the zoomers you will be happy...i had five different exhaust before the zoomers and the zoomers was the best imo.....i had the banks ,jba, volant, flowmaster and gibson on before the zoomers...
Did you notice much power difference after the zoomers, or do you have too much other goodies to really notice? I have seen all of their no drone stuff and that is the biggest reason I want it, but their website only shows a gain of 2 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
the 2 inch primaries really keep the torque up down low, where you need it....theres definately a difference and imo the zoomers is the best sounding exhaust..i love it...its perfect!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
drone? you guys are crazy!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just installed my on Saturday an "NO DRONE" hear.

As for the individual with the drone I think you might have a loose connection see if you can get it welded or sell it to the individual that is asking about it.

I say this because I had a loose connection and I've also ran with out the tip an I had a minor drone that with a bad connection and on a separate note tip removed.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I got the drone from the CAI! I had NO DRONE till the CAI went on. My zoomers were awesome and service was even better. Had a Tip come apart (rare event) and they shipped one out over night N/C for anything and paid to have my old one back. All of you with drone and the zoomers, are you sure your not hearing your CAI??

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put Zoomers on after much research here and on other boards. I travel 3,500 miles a month at highway speeds. No drone, could be quieter than stock when cruising. But jump on it and you get a very satisfying sound. Extra power? Maybe a bit when passing at high speeds is when I noticed it. In other words maybe a little more power at higher revs. IMHO

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
soljah2k said:
I just installed my on Saturday an "NO DRONE" hear.

As for the individual with the drone I think you might have a loose connection see if you can get it welded or sell it to the individual that is asking about it.

I say this because I had a loose connection and I've also ran with out the tip an I had a minor drone that with a bad connection and on a separate note tip removed.
Mine was welded at all joints, no leaks here...I sold mine a few months ago.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I guess everyones ear is different but I do know that air intakes can cause the drone issues that guys are experiencing. I know I recently added a CAI to my Avanlanche and it changed the sound of my truck conciderably. I now get a resonance under load that I never got before. The sound is definitly coming from under the hood and it looks like the stock air box may go back on. Food for thought... Right now Zoomers $549.00 Group buy on another forum...Only 3 left at this price. Ron 949-916-3240

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
I got the drone from the CAI! I had NO DRONE till the CAI went on. My zoomers were awesome and service was even better. Had a Tip come apart (rare event) and they shipped one out over night N/C for anything and paid to have my old one back. All of you with drone and the zoomers, are you sure your not hearing your CAI??
When I had it on my truck, I ran it with the stock airbpx and CAI with no change in drone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts