Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I bought my truck on the 31st, my dealer gave me a box of Zurich Shield, has anyone used it, tried it etc? Thoughts, opinions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually a box with paint sealer/renewer, interior care, glass cleaner, car wash concentrate etc.

·
Registered
893 Posts
So Zurich Shield is an all-purpose detailing kit. Never heard of it and it's likely a jobber piece. Might work OK, but I'd still wash and clay at a minimum before applying the sealant. Most sealants last from four weeks to five months, depending on the sealant quality. Blackfire sealant is quite good, but won't last as long if its exposed to the weather 24/7.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's been three weeks since this thread was started. Any updates on how Zurich Shield went on, or how this sealant is working?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, sir. The weather hasn't been good enough to even wash it by hand. It's snowed a little and rained a lot. As soon as the weather allows, i'll put it on and update this thread. Sorry

·
Registered
260 Posts
Zurich is Nissan's extended warranty company (at least where I live) and I paid for the Zurich inside/outside but they "installed/applied". it. It's a joke/scam like any other application but it wasn't a lot and as any warranty, it's piece of mind. "You'll never have to wash it again..." /s

Basically they say if I stain my seats or something and they can't get it out, they will replace them. If the truck starts to rust from the inside out, they fix it. That sort of deal.

Did you pay for that kit or did they just give it to you? I honestly wouldn't even waste my time, it's literally wax and a couple cans of scotch guard but again, for me, it was a cheap warranty/piece of mind but they applied it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Zurich is Nissan's extended warranty company (at least where I live) and I paid for the Zurich inside/outside but they "installed/applied". it. It's a joke/scam like any other application but it wasn't a lot and as any warranty, it's piece of mind. "You'll never have to wash it again..." /s

Basically they say if I stain my seats or something and they can't get it out, they will replace them. If the truck starts to rust from the inside out, they fix it. That sort of deal.

Did you pay for that kit or did they just give it to you? I honestly wouldn't even waste my time, it's literally wax and a couple cans of scotch guard but again, for me, it was a cheap warranty/piece of mind but they applied it.
Does the Zurich sealant still bead water when you wash your Titan? How long has it been since it was first applied?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The salesman have me a box with the concentrate car wash, the sealant, the interior stuff, etc. Didn't cost me a thing. I was thinking of applying it tomorrow but don't want to waste my time if it's crap!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nobody here knows whether Zurich Shield is crap or not. That's why we're waiting for your report!

Why not give it a go? I'd also suggest--at a minimum-- claying the paint properly to give the sealant the best surface to shine and adhere to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I washed, clay barred and applied the Zurich Shield today. It went on like any other wax but we shall see as far as protection. One thing I did notice was it didn't remove any blemishes that the clay bar didn't remove. I think I still like the insulator wax that I use but we will see.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
If Zurich Shield is truly a sealant, it won't shine like a wax or polish. Hiding blemishes is not its job. A sealant is used to protect and seal the polished paint underneath.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does the Zurich sealant still bead water when you wash your Titan? How long has it been since it was first applied?
If I'm being honest, they probably never even applied it. I had to set up an appointment to have it "applied" but I waited while they did it...

I got my truck in July of 17 (It's a 17) and other than the scuffs/scratched from other assholes, I can't speak on behalf of bead water comment. It seems to was like every other vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If I'm being honest, they probably never even applied it. I had to set up an appointment to have it "applied" but I waited while they did it...

I got my truck in July of 17 (It's a 17) and other than the scuffs/scratched from other assholes, I can't speak on behalf of bead water comment. It seems to was like every other vehicle I've ever owned.
Not quite sure what you meant to say in that last sentence, but water typically does NOT bead up on a truck finish.

If you've had this Titan for 19 months, that should be plenty of time to evaluate how this sealant works (or not). Assuming the dealership staff applied the product (I didn't find it hard), but there's no reason they wouldn't have.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well I washed, clay barred and applied the Zurich Shield today. It went on like any other wax but we shall see as far as protection. One thing I did notice was it didn't remove any blemishes that the clay bar didn't remove. I think I still like the insulator wax that I use but we will see.
Hey there- how has the Zurich Shield held up after the summer? Does it still bead water and have a good shine?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, I think it did a pretty good job but I don't think it's any better than any other sealant. It was free so I can't complain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Never applied a sealant before actually. I claybarred before I applied the sealant and it was actually a brand new truck so it has held the shine very well in my opinion. I should advise that I do keep her in the garage and pretty much only drive her on the weekends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts